Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
3,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All.
As promised (a while ago I know!!) lets kick off the year with a run out to blow the cobwebs away and get those Alfa's out to annoy the locals!

The plan is the meet up in Bishop Auckland, as we have a choice of Costa, Starbucks or Macdonalds to grab a coffee and there is plenty of parking at around 9.30/10am.

Then the run heads down the A688 before splitting off and joining the A66 for a short blast, before turning off again, down to Richmond.

From here we will run West down the Buttertubs and landing at Hawes for some light refreshments and cake of course:thumbup:

The run is about 2 hours, but should be a couple of photo opportunities along the way, and as usual all are welcome, even if you don't have a proper car:biglaugh:.

Here is a link of the run, hope it works https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir/H...418c074f077f7!2m2!1d-1.724749!2d54.631243!3e0
and if your up for it stick your Rsvp in to give an idea of numbers.

Date updated to 10/04, hope this means a few more of you can make it along:thumbup:

Cheers
Ed

·
Registered
3,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
After a bit of discussion on this run, general consensus is leaning toward moving this forward a week to the 10/04, as could result in a better turn out.
Anyone got any objections to this? Obviously want to get as good a turn out as possible to make it a good day for all.

·
Registered
3,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Right, date updated to the 10th of April, stick your RSVP's in as editing it wipes them out, hope a few more of you can make it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
RSVP where exactly? Haha. I'm game though, show off the upgrades!
Just click the yes/no or maybe button under the original post, then submit, be good to see the G when it's all done
I have no idea where to click the button haha, can't be bothered to dig the old laptop out just to click a button, doesn't work on mobile view. I'll be there though :)

·
Registered
917 Posts
Evening Ed
Would it be ok for a couple of Yorkies to come along ?
I'll go with a maybe for now till I find out what her indoors has got lined up , ..... then I.ll ignore it

·
Registered
3,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Evening Ed
Would it be ok for a couple of Yorkies to come along ?
I'll go with a maybe for now till I find out what her indoors has got lined up , ..... then I.ll ignore it
Always welcome Kev, and bring as many Yorkies as you like:thumbup:

I prefer the raisin and biscuit ones FYI:biglaugh:

·
Registered
3,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Bishop Auckland Retail park, the postcode is DL14 9FA, suggest we gather in the car park on the opposite side of the road to Macdonalds, near the big car wash as there is more Alfa parking that side.

Meet up around 9.30/10, grab a coffee, bit of banter then head off.

Hope a few of you can make it, as well as Mr Sun who showed his face today.

See you next week:thumbup:

·
Registered
3,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Im still game for this, doubt I'll make the Thursday meet up though, currently dying with the very worst kind of man flu imaginable! Hopefully will have recovered by Sunday haha
No problem, hope you make it along.

Nowt worse than Man flu, our bella is complaining she is ill but that's only mere woman flu, Pah!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
No problem, hope you make it along.

Nowt worse than Man flu, our bella is complaining she is ill but that's only mere woman flu, Pah!!
I'll manage myself along don't worry about that! I'm looking forward to getting a good country drive out. My rear brakes are shot though so if I slow down for a bit I'm just cooling them off haha

Unless anyone knows of somewhere to get them fitted before then? I've got the pads and discs but I'm absolutely not in the mood to be doing it myself

1 - 20 of 40 Posts