Registered
2,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spring Edition of the V6 Super Run will be held on Sunday 17th April

- Cross Country Blasts
- Hindhead Tunnel Runs
- Lewes Culifail Tunnel Runs
- Pub Finale

Meet Point #1 @ Notcutts Maidstone (J7 Off M20)
Arrive at 08:00hrs | Leave @ 08:20hrs

Meet Point #2 @ Waitrose Superstore Edenbridge
Arrive at 09:20hrs | Leave @ 09:40hrs

Meet Point #3 @ Sainsburys Superstore Liphook
Arrive (approx) @ 11:30hrs | Leave @ 12:15hrs

I will post an image of the route once this has been posted.

General Notices
- Please bring a 2-way Radio and preset it to Channel #6
- Please drive with Dipped Beams, so we can all see the car behind us
- Please keep a sensible distance
- Please ensure your V6 is fitted with a LOUD Exhaust !!! :biglaugh:

Forthcoming Editions of the V6 Super Run
- Summer Edition to be held on either July 10th or 24th (Sunday's)
- Autumn Edition to be held on either Sept. 18th or 25th (Sunday's)

Forthcoming Annual 916-series Super Run
- This will be held on either May 22nd or 29th (Sunday's)

For you regular V6 Guys, this will be the usual noise hoonage that we have all come to enjoy over the last couple of years... Do love that Hindhead blat with x2 lanes and as many Busso's as we can possibly muster.

All V6 newcomers are very welcome, any model of Alfa Romeo with a stonking V6 Engine - this run is all about the NOISE and GRUNT :lol:

I appreciate that there is Spring Alfa Day down in Beaulieu, so there are x2 more of these runs being made available later in the year.

From initial interest, we have a minimum of x4 cars and if we can get a few more in, the merrier sound we shall all make.

Great Pub at the end, just up the road from the Culifail Tunnel in Lewes :beer:

Look forward to seeing Old and New faces alike.

Cheers,

Paul

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Route map

This is the outline of the Route and Meeting Points...

There seems to be a problem with the RSVP function. I have logged it as a fault, so please just post to say you're coming and which meet point you'll be at. Hopefully it will get fixed in a few hours!!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
RSVP on this Event is F00ked

If you try and click on an option it throws an error and not been fixed despite my request.

Please just pop a note via Quick Reply to say if you are coming and where you will be at. Thanks.

·
Registered
107 Posts
RSVP on this Event is F00ked

If you try and click on an option it throws an error and not been fixed despite my request.

Please just pop a note via Quick Reply to say if you are coming and where you will be at. Thanks.
It's a maybe for me, would be meeting in Edenbridge :thumbup:

It' be good to see some V6's on the road and their owners!

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Will be good to meet you. Hopefully see you at Edenbridge.. Won't be in the TT for this one, lol, as my V6 will be on the road after next weeks service and MOT.

Cheers
Paul

RSVP now working!!

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
For those of you who attended the March Run; Dean & Lee will be tagging along for this one in their M3's (at the back). So a couple more to make up the numbers.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
For those of you who attended the March Run; Dean & Lee will be tagging along for this one in their M3's (at the back). So a couple more to make up the numbers.
M3...at the back....

do those two statements go together?

Not sure I'll have the GTA on the road...taking longer than I'd hoped. Just haven't had the time/taking more time than I thought. Par for the course!

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
As in V6 Alfas up front, but their M3's are way faster with 350Bhp on tap!!

Hopefully you'll be in one of your V6s John ;)

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
As in V6 Alfas up front, but their M3's are way faster with 350Bhp on tap!!

Hopefully you'll be in one of your V6s John ;)
I'll try to make it Paul.

We had a problem with one of the hoses leaking after we changed the rad and I haven't had a chance to test the car properly....however it is coming together...

some posts here...

http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa...ou-do-to-your-gta-today-150.html#post14552698

here...

http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa...ou-do-to-your-gta-today-150.html#post14559770

here...

http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa...ou-do-to-your-gta-today-152.html#post14604554

and here...

http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa...ou-do-to-your-gta-today-152.html#post14620498

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Bit of an update... Weather forecast for Sunday looks fantastic with Sun and 15C.

Looks like a couple of regulars have dropped out due to other things going on for them this weekend, plus (I forgot) about Spring Alfa Day, so sure, many of you will be going down South for this one.

I'll be at Notcutts and Edenbridge meet points (as planned) to see who turns up and then make a decision about the rest of the planned route.

I have invited a couple of other Ex-Alfa Owners (now in M3's x2) to make up the numbers.

Hopefully a few more will be up for this and doing a couple more in May and July.

Cheers

Paul

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I will be there Paul, Edenbridge meet point.
Nice one David :thumbup:

We should be good for at least x6 cars then - not as bad as I first thought :lol:

Will be able to get a quick paced run.. Nice !

See you Sunday at Waitrose :)

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The finest weather has been provided for today's event......

As always, for the last few years :D :lol:

See you guys in a bit....

Paul

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Hope you guys had a good run out today?

Here is a photo of my two....the 166 some of you know already.
The GTA was owned briefly by "Halfnelson" on AO in 2008 who also has a Montreal.

Planning to bring one of them on the July run.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Very very nice John... Hopefully see you for Auto Italia as well.

It was just Me and David (Flanners1).. In x2 Vela Blue GTV's today...

We did have a very good drive out, but did a different route from planned. Went to Beechy Head and finale was East Grinstead to Tun Wells, such a great road and we are very lucky with such great choice in SE :D

After we parted, I went down to Rye for the Brenzett blast and some chap in a 997 went crazy knob end fast!!... I expected him to be in a ball of flames in a field somewhere, because it was beyond dangerous, even for such a capable car.

We all know that road is good fun at the prescribed limit and a bit over, but he came past me like I was parked up, and I reckon he was at 120mph... Complete ****!!!

Weather was great and always guaranteed :)

·
Registered
325 Posts
Very very nice John... Hopefully see you for Auto Italia as well.

It was just Me and David (Flanners1).. In x2 Vela Blue GTV's today...

We did have a very good drive out, but did a different route from planned. Went to Beechy Head and finale was East Grinstead to Tun Wells, such a great road and we are very lucky with such great choice in SE :D

After we parted, I went down to Rye for the Brenzett blast and some chap in a 997 went crazy knob end fast!!... I expected him to be in a ball of flames in a field somewhere, because it was beyond dangerous, even for such a capable car.

We all know that road is good fun at the prescribed limit and a bit over, but he came past me like I was parked up, and I reckon he was at 120mph... Complete ****!!!

Weather was great and always guaranteed :)
Probably like this:

Thomas Coleman guilty of causing Kent motorist death - BBC News

1 - 20 of 22 Posts