Alfa Romeo Forum banner
141 - 151 of 151 Posts
Good selection today. Yes steep price.

Cheers for the meet at Bury...........sorry I couldn't help giving the 75 a few spirited fly byes. She doesn't stretch her legs very often.

Reactions: Stixy
It was good to meet up with you guys at Bury St Edmunds yesterday.

This was the first Alfa car event that I had attended so was not sure what to expect. I quite liked the random parking as when you were walking around you did not know what you would see next.

Being an Alfa Romeo novice, one of the best things for me was seeing cars that I have never seen before, I really like that.

Both the missus and myself had a good day out, thank you.

Like Gary N,this too was my first Alfa event and found it most enjoyable, first of all meeting up at Tesco's and getting to know others in the section who perhaps have not been able to attend the pub nights.

Good convoy discipline apart from the odd Tranny who delighted in separating the middle section on the A11 and also seeing how a 75 can really bark on its flight in the outer lane with a spirited response from W19BLE.

As for Duxford, I thought it was a great day out, everyone was helpful and thanks should be given to the helpers who gave up the spare time to organise the parking and set up the AR stands, this is a thankless task but I for one appreciated their efforts.

Regarding parking, I would like to see if at all possible, areas for specific classes. However it does make for an interesting walk around the extensive number of cars present. For me, one of the most delightful cars was Titus Rowlandson's Julia 'Rat Rod' wearing its battle fatigue and scars from the back streets of Sicily, more people seemed to take pictures of this than many of the more exotic models.

One of the great pleasures for me was meeting another S2 with the Reg No KFK 90P, as mine is KFK 94P this must be really twiglet zone with two cars being sold by the same dealer on the same day and meeting up nearly forty years later.

Yes it was expensive but being able to wander around the IWM was a splendid experience and when this is coupled with hearing the scream of a twelve cylinder Merlin engine as the pilot completed a loop the loop and hurtled back to earth will remain in the memory for a long time.

So in conclusion, it was great to meet so many like minded enthusiasts and hope that those who attended from the EAAROC will be able to meet up again in the not too distant future. Hopefully they will be able to make it to Helmingham on the 2 August when we shall be having a Club stand representing as many different models as possible and show other marques just how it should be done.

I want to thank all the 916 owners that turned up on Sunday and my apologies that the dedicated parking area was full in no time at all. I tried to get a rough number of cars attending after posting here and on other sites, but many more turned up than expected.
I.ve never seen so many!

Thanks again and hope you all had a good day.

Atb,Alex

141 - 151 of 151 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.