Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Spring Alfa Day 2015

Tags
2015 spring
13K views 150 replies 32 participants last post by  GaryN 
#1 ·
Heads up for anyone not a member of AROC,and so may not know about this event:

The venue for this years Spring Alfa Day is The Imperial War Museum at Duxford, near Cambridge on Sunday 26th of April.

:cool::)

#8 ·
Maybe we could cobble this up between us? Anybody else interested in a bit of a meet up with a view to travelling in a small convoy to Duxford?
My wife and I would be bringing our two cars, so if Sparto joins up we have 3. I'm sure there may be more lurkers, who would join us?

#16 ·
Went to this in 2011, I think. Convoyed up there, can't remember where we met though. Possibly paid a reduced entry fee on the gate. May have been one of the last AO events i went to. East anglia used to be an active region with regular meets, seems pretty quiet now.

#24 ·
Hopefully I can attend, depending on work commitments...

#25 ·
@PaulR - do you think the inactivity in the region is down to the lack of a Regional Rep? I know it's a "chicken-or-egg" sort of question, but I'm wondering if we would whip up some more meets and events if there was a local rep.

And (tempting though it is) I'm not certain I should volunteer because of health issues...

#27 ·
Shaping up nicely! :thumbs:

Tesco at Bury works for me too.

I would imagine the actual EA AROC will be arranging a meet up/convoy for this too.Would it not be an idea for them to meet up with this AO one? (or vice-versa?)

Think the problem with getting things organised on an East Anglian basis,is that its such a large geographical area with a relatively low population. (unlike say the E or W Midlands or the North West for example).

Wherever a meet is organised, it almost automatically excludes a big chunk of people,unless they are prepared to travel quite a distance to get to it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.