Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone got a pair of spray bars that clip onto the wiper blades? Just gone back to OEM blades after using some rubbish flat blades and discovered I have them missing - I just have the tubes and nothing on the end! (assumed everything would come with the blades but obviously not). Cheers

·
Registered
356 Posts
Odd how some love the Wipex blades (with bulb shaped spray nozzle) and some hate 'em. I've had mine for over 6 months now, and I love them - neater, more efficient spray, better wiping ...and cheaper by a distance by the time you've added in the spray rails.

·
Registered
8,916 Posts

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Brilliant thanks for that, totally forgot about EB Spares :thumbs:

Odd how some love the Wipex blades (with bulb shaped spray nozzle) and some hate 'em. I've had mine for over 6 months now, and I love them - neater, more efficient spray, better wiping ...and cheaper by a distance by the time you've added in the spray rails.
Yes I know, there's a whole thread about it. The Wipex blades I had didn't even contact most of the drivers side. I must have been one of the unlucky ones :rolleyes:

G

·
0 Posts
I fitted a T piece to my existing tubes and got hold of two washer jets complete with black hose that simply clips onto the wiper arms... They come off a VW LT van but Mercedes also do some for the sprinter van... It cost me £7.00 in total at the VW comercial dealer's

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
I think that's quite good value! :)
Me too - it was well worth it to get the proper part, and the genuine wipers, knowing it was the best it could be and then still get water dripping in the side when washing with the roof and windows open :lol:

Might be the wrong place to mention this, but when fitting the genuine wiper on the driver's side (with spoiler), I removed the hook-clip from the centre and fitted it back to front. Bit more difficult to get the arm on, but it puts the spoiler in front of the blade rather than behind it. I thought having the spoiler behind the blade looked daft and it wouldn't be that way for left-hand-drive (I get the impression there is no difference between LHD and RHD blades and there should be!) :)

-Alex

·
Registered
120 Posts
Spray bar clips....

Crikey,
It's been ages since I've posted anything on here...car has been SORN'd since November and looking quite sorry for itself under wraps.I'm actually after the small angled clips that hold the bar to the wiper arms.
Mine have gone quite brittle and one has snapped, does this company do just the clips?

Swiss...

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Crikey,
It's been ages since I've posted anything on here...car has been SORN'd since November and looking quite sorry for itself under wraps.I'm actually after the small angled clips that hold the bar to the wiper arms.
Mine have gone quite brittle and one has snapped, does this company do just the clips?

Swiss...
I don't think so Swiss…Like others have said, you could use some very small cable ties? Unless you buy a new set of OEM blades which come with the clips…

·
Registered
51 Posts
Im having trouble with wipex blades i have just got, the drivers wiper doesnt contact the window. was yours just a straight swap to attach them on?

Thanks

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Im having trouble with wipex blades i have just got, the drivers wiper doesnt contact the window. was yours just a straight swap to attach them on?

Thanks
Yes they were a straight swap, just disconnect the tubing from the originals and attached the connector on the spray bulb. The Wipex blades I had just didn't follow the contour of the screen. Much happier with a new set of OEM blades.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts