Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 960 Posts

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

Just like the Gtv section of 'Spotted' I think we should start a thread on 'Spotted' for East Anglia. We drive cars of any model in the Alfa Romeo range that look very pleasing to the eye and very pleasing to drive and personally think its a rewarding experience that only the Italians know to design and offer the driver with a 'proper' experience and as Jeremy Clarkson says 'You havent driven a car unless you have owned an Alfa Romeo'. I kinda agree with him.

It would be really nice to see and wave to other drivers of the same marque who probably belong to the forum and club.

So here goes...

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Spotted a black Mito in St Andrews car park in Norwich this evening at around 6.20pm. I was walking to my parked car. :)

L

·
0 Posts
A very dirty 159 SW on the A47 Peterborough heading East at about 10:45 this morning.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Spotted a silver 156 at USAF Lakenheath and another black 156 at Ely tonight :)

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The same silver spider gtv in Ely, must get some flyers and drop one through their front door. :D

·
Registered
902 Posts
I regularly wave to up to 5-6 different people on the A140 between Ipswich & Eye in the mornings. I've made contact with several on here since. But there are 2 that I haven't, a Lady in light greenish/silver 159 SW who always waves, and a man always with passnegers in an identical 159, used to drive a silver 156, always waves too.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
A black 156 in Thetford today driven in a enthusiatic way by a 'lady driver' :thumbs:

·
Administrator
23,049 Posts
Yeah that was it. mine may have been in there then, I'd dropped it off for MOT, it's still there having failed! :cry:
Yep - dropped mine off on Monday.

Good news - it passed it's MOT the Friday before.

Bad news - I knew the head gasket had failed before the MOT. I took a deep breath - hell I know everything else is ok - so even at 157k miles I am paying for the repair - should be back with me Monday 5th.

I saw the repaired head on the bench on Thursday (Mario and Paul send them to engineers in Clacton) - and it looked like a work of art - happy to have it on a coffee table - shiny, shiny and, more importantly welded around ports and skimmed.

Call me daft but I am also replacing the water pump, cambelt and variator (due anyway), gearbox oil (never looked at in 13 years), thermostat (failed - open 2 years ago) engine oil and filter. Oh and the starter motor was not always engaging - so that is being serviced as well. Gulp. Some would say I am mad to pay so much but - hey I know that this repair is heart rather than head but - hell I love this car and I trust Avanti - so no problem.

What was yours in for Wibble?

L

·
0 Posts
A very nice Grey 159 Ti :inlove: in Cardia Morrisons car park last night about 8ish

1 - 20 of 960 Posts