Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Does look very straight and tidy with nice low miles....you could chuck 10k miles on it and it would still be one of the lowest mileage cars around !
The Selespeed tranny does put me off though and not really keen on red :(
Also no leather though saying that the black/grey cloth actually looks pretty nice unlike the reddish coloured cloth in the other GTA on eBay, the black one though that's £10k !

·
Registered
124 Posts
If the import was black I'd be interested at that price and would look into the feasibility and cost of converting to manual :)

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Despite what I say in my buyers guide, I'd have a sele GTA in a heartbeat. Properly sought after. Buy it, wax oil it, cherish it.

And ditch the fez badges/exhaust.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Looks like it has sold.

Bodes well for when mine arrives! Same mileage plus leather.

·
Registered
800 Posts
I had a good long think about this car but pulled out of a deal.......nice though

·
Registered
908 Posts
Did you view it Sam? What is/was it like?

·
Registered
908 Posts
Pictures of a car going through the auction and sat in a sales yard unprepared are never going to inspire anyone with confidence.

There are better ways of importing cars. The last 2 of mine have come from private sellers in Japan so in some ways it is just like buying from a private individual over here.

·
Registered
4,375 Posts
Pictures of a car going through the auction and sat in a sales yard unprepared are never going to inspire anyone with confidence.

There are better ways of importing cars. The last 2 of mine have come from private sellers in Japan so in some ways it is just like buying from a private individual over here.

except the viewing is much more fun .. just taking a quick spin to look at a car.. see in in 36 hours

·
Registered
908 Posts
+1!

The dealer selling the one on ebay seems to think that putting "OMG" and "WOW" in the title gets people to purchase.

·
Registered
800 Posts
I hate this thread.....

Left shoulder devil "get one you know you want to" Right shoulder angel "But its a selespeed and you know what that means"

@ Russ i didnt view after chatting with my local alfa indy who after taking a sharp intake of breath said "make sure it comes with or you get a very good warranty":paperbag:

·
Registered
908 Posts
I find it amusing when people are scared of Selespeeds.

Sam - has the indy got any experience of GTA selespeeds, or is he just stereotyping like 99% of the people who knock them?

Bearing in mind there are only a handful in the country, I would be surprised if many indies have come across them.

Reactions: gralegav

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Have you driven one ?

Think some of these older flappy paddle boxes are fairly crude !
No, but I had a 156 sale for 6 months and my Dad's maserati used the same system as the GTA (the sele 156's use a different one), driven that a few times.

·
Registered
800 Posts
I find it amusing when people are scared of Selespeeds.

Sam - has the indy got any experience of GTA selespeeds, or is he just stereotyping like 99% of the people who knock them?

Bearing in mind there are only a handful in the country, I would be surprised if many indies have come across them.

He said he has worked on a few over the years,he gave me some costs of the various jobs that may be needed.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Would that be GTA selespeeds or the 5 speed JTS/TS version?

·
Registered
302 Posts
He said he has worked on a few over the years,he gave me some costs of the various jobs that may be needed.
Owned a 147 TS Sele for almost 4 years, total cost on gearbox £165, new accumulator, fluid and labour! Bought car for £1200, sold for £750, best value motoring I've ever had! They need love, keep to the switching on and off routine and they are a revelation.

Haven't driven the Maser version, but briefly driven F355, 360 and 430, which are closer to GTA system. It is a bloody peach of a gearbox, but I'm really glad most are scared of them cos it keeps the prices down ;)

Anyone got a Nuvola blue Sele for sale? Pref a 147

·
Registered
800 Posts
Would that be GTA selespeeds or the 5 speed JTS/TS version?
He said the gta,he has sold a 156 gta and has sold a few gta`s thru his sale side of the company.They are a well respected italian indy but ive not needed to use them as i do my own servicing repairs etc...so i dont know how good they really are,i did chat with them when i bought my q-system over 6yrs ago and they were confident that they could handle it no probs but as said i do most of the work myself (local garage does what i cant):thumbup:

(im looking at something different atm :beer: )

1 - 20 of 31 Posts