Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
45,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That was an Anchorman reference, not an Avengers one, in case you're bothered.

People may remember that when I got my Sonos set-up I resisted the temptation to get Spotify, instead just using my own store of music.

But I got a free 6 months Spotify membership recently, and seemed a shame not to use it. I have to admit I am fairly converted. The advantages of not having to have the computer on, and voice controls working properly I didn't think would make much of a difference - but it seems they have.

Anyway, very new to the use of the software. What tips would you give?

For a start, I have worked out how to build a 'radio station' from a single song. But I'm sure I read that these would be neverending - continually adding more songs as it got near to the end of the playlist. This doesn't seem to be the case for me. The playlists tend to only be 3-4 hours long and then cycle round to the start again. What am I doing wrong?

·
Registered
26,112 Posts
I have similar experience with song radio (artist radio and album radio are similar in my experience).
You can set the radio to repeat (and shuffle so that the order changes) and it will continue going forever though - but after the third time you'll know it's time to change to another song...

I will routinely start one of the pre-fab release radar playlists (those have been getting way better than when I first started. I think they have updated the software and as my use of Spotify continues, they gather more data to base their choices on), when a song appeals to me, I'll switch to that song's radio.

·
Administrator
45,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did wonder whether the 'release radio' was filtered towards your preferences, or whether it was full to the brim with pop crap.

I have found each Monday the 'discover playlist' is enjoyable.

I did a bit of googling, and it appears that Spotify have removed the endless playlist model recently for no apparent reason.

·
Administrator
45,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I see that you can download tracks. But I'm assuming that you can only then play them through Spotify - so I wouldn't be able to get them on to my car stereo.

·
Administrator
45,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am not sure what song I have liked which has led to my release radar being full of Swedish language soft rock.

Maybe the Swedes are the only ones releasing soft rock at all currently?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts