Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have Spotify Premium account on my iPhone.
Is there a way to connect Spotify through the Blu&Me bluetooth system?
Currently the Blu&Me plays audio from WhatsApp and Facebook Messanger, which are both installed on the same phone, but does not seem to pick up Spotify.
The model is 159 TBI TI 06 reg.
Many thanks in advance

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn't think you could play any music from a Bluetooth device in the 159.
OK, but Whatsapp and Facebook messanger audio comes through the speakers - I assume via blueooth, so why not Spotify? On the Spotify website it says that it can play via bluetooth.
If not automatically, is there a way to connect perhaps via those £5 quid dongles?

·
Registered
38,319 Posts
The audio from WhatApp etc is being played through the headset/handsfree phone audio profile.

You can't play stereo media audio through that.

There were some android apps (names like "BT Mono") that worked to divert media audio
through a mono BT headset but they are pretty much unsupported and very hit and miss.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Phone adapters

Yes, pop onto fleabay and search for Alfa-Romeo-159-Bluetooth-Hands-Free-Phone-AUX-Input-MP3-USB-1-0A-Module-Charger/142289672993 - cost 60 quid but says specifically it will work for bluetooth and spotify, and your phone.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I tried BT mono on my car today.. It is terrible sound quality as it emulates the phone.. Immediately uninstalled it as it was so bad :)

Sent from my Mi Note 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
There is the problem I keep meeting when I want to connect Spotify with Bluetooth. It is so hard for the poor network connection.
Got the same problem, I found that using a cable is the only effective way of playing Spotify through the car. Good news is that the car will pick up artist information etc and display that. You can also navigate through your music using the wheel controls and the phone functions still connect via Bluetooth

·
Registered
1 Posts
I can't connect Spotify to my bluespeaker

I have the same problem with my bose sound touch bluetooth speaker and tried multiple times to connect Spotify to my Bluetooth Speaker. It is just not so stable. Finally I solve it by downloading Spotify to mp3 and transfer the MP3 to my bluetooth speaker.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts