Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After solving my dashboard creak problem, and at least half-solving my non-cancelling-indicator problem (the mechanism just can't work properly when turning right - geometry prevents it)... I made one other small improvement in only a few minutes.

It's something which is now different to every other Spider I've seen. Can you spot it in the picture below? :)

-Alex

Attachments

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
I was going to say the MCSF light ... but I suspect quite a few spiders have got those ... how about the fact that the airbag light isn't on ;)

·
Registered
190 Posts
Alex is it that a part of the cluster trim seems to be missing at the bottom left of the speedo or is that just damage when you dropped the cluster when you had it apart? LOL :)

On a little 2,000 km drive to Melbourne today, should have updated my tomtom maps.

Steve

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I'm chuffed at all the responses! :)

lionman128 was right on the money - and first with the answer - the column shroud is now painted matt black. Strangely it was already painted (not bare plastic) but when I sanded it, a blue slurry came off. I really don't know why Alfa Romeo made it blue. I think it looks better when it tones with the steering wheel.

The engine light is on because the engine isn't running, I don't know why the key was on.

I don't think any part of the trim is broken and unlike my earlier phase-2, this later phase-2 didn't have silver paint on the instrument cowls.

Does anyone else have a non-blue column shroud? I'm considering painting the mirror triangles next, as they're looking relatively blue now ;) actually the vinyl on the centre section around the vents and gauges - that's starting to look a little blue too... where will this end :lol:

-Alex

Attachments

·
Registered
413 Posts
Was the cowl painted blue? otherwise it probably was black originally but has gone a blue/grey colour due to the effects of UV light from the sun. Most plastics are prone to this and although obviously not an issue with interior trim, it makes the plastic more brittle and weaker.

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
It's the same finish as the P1 centre console - soft touch paint. Black with a hint of blue. Never bothered changing it when the centre console changed for P2.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts