Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Was yellow (the engine bay still is) and the rest of the car's white. I'm always suspicious of a car with a really cheap respray like that especially at 85k for a TS.

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
it was most probably in an accident lol how do they not see this when they take pics?

K

·
0 Posts
must have left the factory like that as it's described as "original condition throughout" :rolleyes:

:lol:

also still yellow inside where the roof stores away.

not seen many white gtv's

·
Regional Representative, For South Africa - AO-SA
5,467 Posts
My thoughts too Emanuel, but then I would still steer clear.... did you see how those reps drove their cars ?

·
Registered
726 Posts
Don't think it's a Stuyvesant car. I looked at one a while back and engine bay was also white... but yes when I inspected the car one could see that it had been thrashed with little care.

·
Registered
565 Posts
mines full white factrory gtv ts and was not a peter styvesant car as the 1st reg is gtv gp so i dunno but for 85k you can have my 3.0 gtv so why would you by a ts my ts i want much lower asking R52k(four brand new tyres on)

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
To revive an old thread I've resolved this mystery.

According to Teddy at Chatz, until the Mito Alfa Romeo never made a plain white car. White 916 Spider's in South Africa where done for British American Tobacco (BAT). They where brought in and sprayed white from new.

Is this the case?

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Hey...I was at this place in Sept on my way to Knysna from Wildernes!!!

Very nice cars there, i didn't see this Spider there but there were a couple of mint classic Alfa's, Bentley's, an E-Type Jag and many other great classics!!!
I'd say if you are in that areas go have a look at the nice cars there.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts