Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,
So while I am aware fitting the rails is a BIG job, I am happy to undertake it, I can weld and I can paint & fabricate no problem here

However what I would like to know is if anyone has any photos of inside (without headlining ) showing what bracing/structual reinforcements have to be made / cut form another car.

I have not removed my lining yet as I will be dying it while its out and want to do it all in one go.

If anyone has any inside photos of what exactly needs to be done I can work on getitng he parts.

Thank you

·
Registered
596 Posts
The strengthening is made at the factory i dont think you'll be able to add it after the event.
This is part of the roof with the rail and all the strengthening is IN the box section of the body.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The strengthening is made at the factory i dont think you'll be able to add it after the event.
This is part of the roof with the rail and all the strengthening is IN the box section of the body.
Doing the strengthing isnt the issue it looks like the issue here is getting to it as its double or tripple skinned... Damn

·
Registered
440 Posts
Is it me or...
I don't think that Alfa Romeo/Fiat had to different welding setups for the SW on my previous car ( 156 SW ) I did retrofit the roof bars and guess what the fitting and reinforcements where already there all I needed was the roof bars and bolt the captive nuts (guess what) where in place ( liner needs to be removed).
Having the correct drill dimensions help a lot

·
Registered
440 Posts
Is it me or...
I don't think that Alfa Romeo/Fiat had to different welding setups for the SW on my previous car ( 156 SW ) I did retrofit the roof bars and guess what the fitting and reinforcements where already there all I needed was the roof bars and bolt ( liner needs to be removed).

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is it me or...
I don't think that Alfa Romeo/Fiat had to different welding setups for the SW on my previous car ( 156 SW ) I did retrofit the roof bars and guess what the fitting and reinforcements where already there all I needed was the roof bars and bolt ( liner needs to be removed).
Thats good, I dont think mine has because no spot welds. plus I think its double skinne don the 159:(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts