Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone any idea where I can get a cheap replacement luggage cover.... mine's knack'd.

The recoil mechanism isn't working. I've taken the unit apart, and found that one of the plastic stoppers at the end of the main blind spindle has lost it's lugs... so not staying in place... and not giving any tension etc.

The stealer said this is a complete unit, and I dont want to buy a whole new one (quoted ~£160) unless I have to.

Gav

·
Banned
1,802 Posts
GavP said:
Anyone any idea where I can get a cheap replacement luggage cover.... mine's knack'd.

The recoil mechanism isn't working. I've taken the unit apart, and found that one of the plastic stoppers at the end of the main blind spindle has lost it's lugs... so not staying in place... and not giving any tension etc.

The stealer said this is a complete unit, and I dont want to buy a whole new one (quoted ~£160) unless I have to.

Gav
Had the same problem. Just get a couple of small self-tappers and use these to put the end-stops back in place (after winding the tension back on first!)

I think it's pathetic that Alfa expect us to fork out £160 when we need 20p of plastic. Taking the pee or what?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice idea but its the end stops that have lost their lugs on them (the tiny bits of plastic) which stops it spining, ie without them theres no tension...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts