Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have serieus plans to sell my T-spark an ordering a new 147 JTD 16v. :cool:

The only thing that i'm considering to change are the leather sport seatd instead of the blue leather momo's that I now have.

Who has the sport seats and what do you think of them??

·
Registered
17,177 Posts
My wife has a 145QV with standard seats with Momo leather, and I have a 156 with the Momo leather sports seats (They are actually Recaro Style seats).
There is no comparison!!!
The sports seats are more comfortable, more supportive, cooler with the perforated leather and I love the adjustable lumbar and thigh support.
Only disadvantage is that they only come in one colour!!
I am a big fan and would say they are the most comfortable seats I have ever sat in!!

·
Premium Member
38,310 Posts
I actually couldn't stand the sport seats, the ones made with blitz fabric and with the adjustable lumbar support.

Thank God for my perforated, leather seats. :D

·
Registered
675 Posts
My wife has problems with her back after an operation 10 years ago, it was the main reason I sold my Impreza Series McRae.

The Recaro sports seats available in the 156 were also too hard and sloped for her to get comfortable, she found the Alfa seats either in leather or fabric a lot better.

Best advice is to try them yourself. :)

Lee

·
Registered
11,591 Posts
Although I actually went with the sport Fabric seats in my 2.0l 147 (prefer fabric to leather for comfort reasons) I found the standard Momo Leather seats to be more comfortable than the Sports leather.
I think it would certainly be in your best interests to actually try them before deciding on Sport leather

·
Premium Member
12,865 Posts
I prefer the Momo leather seats, they are comfortable and give good support when cornering. Personally I don't like the sport seats since I am not really impressed by them.

I like the GTA seats though :D

·
Registered
17,177 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Stori:
<strong>I think it would certainly be in your best interests to actually try them before deciding on Sport leather</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yes - that's the thing- see if you can try them out!! My standard seats gave me back ache as they did not support me when cornering, and a friend had a 147 with sports seats and they were much better for me, so I ticked the box when I ordered the 156.
It's a very personal thing, and depends on your build, type of driving etc, but for me, it was money well spent.

·
Registered
5,235 Posts
Q-Force
If you order sports seats in a 156, you cant have a centre arm rest. The Momo leather comes with a rest as standard. Not sure its the same with the 147, but that fact tipped me in favour of the momo. Might be worth checking up.
The momo seats are a definate step up in comfort over the older sports seats in the pre face lift 156, again not sure about the 147.

·
Registered
17,177 Posts
Gentlemen,
Just to clarify - all the leather is supplied by Momo, whether you have standard seats or sports seats.
The standard seats are available in a variety of cloth colours and leather colours.
The sports seats are now only available in black leather with red centre stitching. The blitz cloth is no longer used.
I thank you.
wink

A

·
0 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Q-Force:
<strong>I have serieus plans to sell my T-spark an ordering a new 147 JTD 16v. :cool:

The only thing that i'm considering to change are the leather sport seatd instead of the blue leather momo's that I now have.

Who has the sport seats and what do you think of them??</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I sat in them once.... and it's still THE option I regret I didn't choose. They must be about the best seats available! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
17,177 Posts
In an effort to be fair and unbiased wink I've just thought of another downside. The sports seats are very long and they take a lot of legroom from the back.
I never sit in the back, so it doesn't worry me!!
:D

·
Registered
6,476 Posts
dont believe your dealer. i have seen pictures of a 147 with sports seats, WITH central armrest. ask wimster!

·
Registered
17,177 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Banflu:
<strong>dont believe your dealer. i have seen pictures of a 147 with sports seats, WITH central armrest. ask wimster!</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yes - I think you can on the 147, but definatley not on the 156...

·
Registered
5,235 Posts
Rick
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yes - I think you can on the 147, but definatley not on the 156... <hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Just to confuse the issue, my last 156 SP1, had a front centre arm rest. I beleive it was a dealer fitted one only available on the continent. It was very comfortable but rattled. (Suprise suprise) It was designed to be fitted in a LH drive car and for some reason when you flipped it up everything fell out of the box inside.
Anybody else seen one?.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yesterday i've got the dealers car for a couple of ours, which has sportseats...

I think they are worth the money.

Maybe a little harder but much more comfortable because they are much better formed(rounded) at the sides. Definitely not for bigger, i mean heavier people. I founded my back just fitted in.

Lucky my bodybuilding story is far away !
I als think they are better looking, so I'll go for them ! :D

·
Registered
17,177 Posts
Go for it Q-force. You won't regret getting them, especially if you drive with a bit of vigour round the corners!
:cool:

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
Is there no option to have the GTA seats in a standard car - these look pretty impresive.

·
Registered
17,177 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Pascs:
<strong>Is there no option to have the GTA seats in a standard car - these look pretty impresive.</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">They do look good, and you can get good colour schemes too!! Can't get them as an option though... You could very expensively order them as spare parts!!

·
Registered
38 Posts
yep thats me with the momo sports leather (dark grey with red stitching) and an armrest.
At first they were uncomfortable but you have to have them in a more upright position than normal seats - then they are v comfortable - supportive on the back and when cornering.

only crap thing is that the head restraint cannot be hinged downwards.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts