Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

My 156GTA has the main cats broken and I need to replace them.

I am looking for an autodelta or an alfaholics but I don´t know which is better.

Autodelta Shop

Sport cat for Alfa Romeo 147/156 GTA & GT 3.2

The alfaholics seems worse because in the air inlet area the pipes have more curvature than in the autodelta but I don´t know if by this reason I would expect the characteristic drone or raspy sound at 2500rpm. If alfaholic sports cats don´t affect to the sound I will go for alfaholics because the autodelta cost more than the double, but if with the alfaholics ones I would expect raspy sound, I will go for autodelta ones.

Anybody have test these sports cats?

·
Vendor
46,342 Posts
I have had both, although not on the same GTA so I can't help you with the sound question. Quality is very similar between both. I doubt you would notice any difference in sound between the two.. I actually sold both and moved back to OEM middle catalysts in the end, I don't think there is any benefit on a normal 3.2 engine. If you had a supercharger or 3.8 then maybe you could see some benefits from increased flow, but the OEM middle cats are a good size and there is two of them, so each only gets exhaust gas from 1.6 litres & 3 cylinders.

If you want sports cats, I'd probably suggest High Power Racing's twin sports cats, but I have no idea of the price. They are staggered to offset the unequal length downpipes, just like the originals. But overall I would suggest just to stick with the originals, replace them with good condition used cats if yours a broken and save your money for a more beneficial upgrade.

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have had both, although not on the same GTA so I can't help you with the sound question. Quality is very similar between both. I doubt you would notice any difference in sound between the two.. I actually sold both and moved back to OEM middle catalysts in the end, I don't think there is any benefit on a normal 3.2 engine. If you had a supercharger or 3.8 then maybe you could see some benefits from increased flow, but the OEM middle cats are a good size and there is two of them, so each only gets exhaust gas from 1.6 litres & 3 cylinders.

If you want sports cats, I'd probably suggest High Power Racing's twin sports cats, but I have no idea of the price. They are staggered to offset the unequal length downpipes, just like the originals. But overall I would suggest just to stick with the originals, replace them with good condition used cats if yours a broken and save your money for a more beneficial upgrade.
Thank you. I´ll try to find used cats.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts