Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I have an Alfa Romeo Mito 2011. It's the TCT transmission and 135bhp model.

I'm looking to get a decat or a sports Cat fitted to my car so I called up couple exhaust shops near me and they've advised that it's almost Impossible to do as the Catalytic converter is on the manifold.

I already have a custom catback mid and rear exhaust system however I'd like to get the cat removed and replaced for a sports or decat pipe which will be a direct fit!

Hoping anyone that can help me with this situation, thanks!

·
Registered
745 Posts
that is sure not impossible, there are plenty of sports cats available (ragazzon, CSC, G-Tech, mondotuning, ms motorsport).
you just need to make sure that the exit diameter fits to your flexible pipe. Ragazzon for example has either 60 mm or 70 mm diameter, whereas G-Tech has 70mm.

·
Registered
745 Posts
if your flexible pipe is still standard it should have the normal diameter of around 55mm (or 53mm, I am not sure at the moment which value it has, but sure smaller than 60).
So you just make sure that the sports cat has an exit which fits your flexible pipe. Normally the cat manufacturer can tell you which exit diameter its product has.
To put it in nutshell the rule is: increase of diameter is ok (although not recommended in my opinion in the intersection of cat to flexible pipe), but decreasing diameter (like 60mm to 55mm) is not possible.
Ragazzon normally has 60mm, there is only a specifically denoted product range with 70mm, but this is highlighted.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.