Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

After exchanging the heatercore and dismanteling/cleaning the sporteronic ecu, everything worked ok again.
Because of the missing codecard for radio/ics/navigation i had to take out the ics module in order to get the serial numbers.
After putting the ICS back, the gearlever was stuck in park!
We checked the ecu again, disconnect the battery, checked the brake pedal switch and so on and so on.
Funny thing: despite the malfunction light aut. gearbox on the dash, the car still drove like a dream, no gearbox problem whatsoever.
Only one thing: as soon as the wheels started turning, especially at very low speeds, the solenoid that frees the gearlever, started clickering as a madman!
It seemed as if abs signals where influencing the solenoid driver in the gearbox ecu...
At higher speeds the clickering noise stopped and came back as soon as the brake pedal was applied.
After taking out the ICS/radio again, i noticed that one of the connectors at the back of the ICS was not completely pushed in the unit, it looked like it was maybe even half connected.
After putting everything back in place, suddenly everything worked again?

Main question: can a sportronic not be driven without faillures, with the ICS missing?
Are abs signals maybe tapped from the ics unit (in/out) for the gearbox ECU?

We are still concerned about the real issue that we had and are not sure that everything is defenitely ok now.

Very interested to see your comments on this!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Our Sportronic 166 was driven for a couple of weeks last year while the ICS was away being decoded. No drive issues but obviously no hazard warning lights, fog lights and heater/fan which is not convenient depending on the conditions...

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Alfettafan, we can rule that out then.
Lets see what happens in the coming days.
At this moment everyting is fine again, fingers crossed.

Nice to see that you allso have a Maser next to the 166.
My 166 has the honour to take over from a Gransport during the wintermonths.
Cant wait to wake the Gs again in a few months.

·
Registered
104 Posts
IIRC there is a speed parameter to ICS, for the trip 'puter. Perhaps a wonky alignment of socket was shorting that pin out, so ECu of box wasn't getting a clean signal?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Could very well be the case.
The car is driving like a dream till now, so i think it is sorted.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts