Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all, currently having a geometry/tracking nightmare from hell.

how do i know if my car has a sport pack or not? it has different geometry if it does apparantly. i have loads of values but dont know which to apply to my car?

cheers in advance for any help.

1.9jtd mjet (16v) 156 2004 (facelift, veloce)

Kind Regrds
Paul

G

·
I think the only difference is that a Sportpack car has zero toe out at the front. I may be wrong though, wait for someone knowledgeable like DavidC to come along.

G

·
If you question is 'How do I know if my car is a Sport Pack?' then you can tell if it's an SP because you'll have black speedo dials, sideskirts and 16" wheels. Do you have all 3 of those things?

G

·
I think regardless of the age of the car, if it's a Veloce it should have Sportpack suspension?
Correct, but Veloce's didn't come along until 2001 did they? Or maybe Veloce and Lusso were the basic old packs and then you got SP1,2 and 3?

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thank you all, thats really useful, yes mine has side skirts, "had" 16" wheels (17" now). the guy doing the tracking had to get a "drop link" kit for the tracking gear to let it see under the car, guiess that should have got me thinking i guess.

right so now i know i have the sport pack. excellent! now to send it back to the garage for the 4th attempt at tracking it.....lol

to be fair the garage are trying really hard and are being lovely about it, they just havent got it right yet. will let you know the results!

Regards
Paul

1 - 10 of 10 Posts