Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Have anyone made some measurements with “normal”-stock air filter and with sport panel filter?
Is it possible that the readings of air intake quantity is cca 10% bigger because of sport panel filter?
I got all parameters in normal value,only aiq is bigger(new ic,Maf,complete hoses-no boost leaking)
I have reserved mechanic for Monday - he is changing engine mounts and I will give him to change pipercross with normal filter..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
It's possible to get false readings with certain sport filters in certain cars, due to the air being too turbulent. see what the fuel trim says, if it's not leaning the mixture out the readings are correct

·
Registered
952 Posts
I test intake without airfilter and air quantity was a little bit higher in high revs but Stilo have a different (smaller) airbox compared to Alfa models.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
I tested and compared 3 different filters years ago.
Standard paper filter (slightly used)
K&N panel filter
BMC CDA

I measured airflow during accelerations adjusted the numbers for temperature difference and compared.

K&N panel performed completely the same as standard paper filter. Difference was lower than 1%
BMC CDA gained 1-2% in airflow at top end, but LOST almost 5% around 2000rpm, and spool was considerably worse. It also made the engine very loud.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I tested and compared 3 different filters years ago.
Standard paper filter (slightly used)
K&N panel filter
BMC CDA

I measured airflow during accelerations adjusted the numbers for temperature difference and compared.

K&N panel performed completely the same as standard paper filter. Difference was lower than 1%
BMC CDA gained 1-2% in airflow at top end, but LOST almost 5% around 2000rpm, and spool was considerably worse. It also made the engine very loud.
I have bmc cda, and not lost any spool, but i must agree i do have a massive aspiration like sound which i dont like.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts