Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know why American break into rounds of spontaneous applause whenever the plane they're on lands. Surely it's the pilot/autopilot just doing the job right!

·
Registered
934 Posts
Glaswegians do it as well, and so do Dutch people... its weird ... probably collective relief in being out of

a) Glasgow
b) the flatlands..

:)

·
Registered
19,792 Posts
I find it's usually people in shellsuits who drink lager with their airport breakfast that indulge in this ludicrous behaviour.

E

·
0 Posts
Had it on a Ryan Air flight back from Latvia.......the last time I ever use that **** airline.

·
Registered
5,473 Posts
Have had it a couple of times - once was after a very bumpy flight and difficult landing. The other time was flying from Paris to New York on Air France. That flight had been perfect - even in cattle class I got champagne after take off, and St Emilion to make the journey more bearable.

·
Registered
26,529 Posts
.....and why do they get out of their seats and queue whilst your still moving ? You all have to wait in the hall for your bags anyway :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
With the average size of Americans I know being on the er large size I'm surprised they don't applaud when the plane takes off rather than lands!

·
Administrator
45,546 Posts
When you think about it, what more amazing thing gets done for you than being whisked hundreds of miles through the air in a metal tube weighing tons, and being set down safely at the other end of your journey?

And yet we applaud sportsmen, and complain about people applauding pilots?

I don't do it myself of course. Terribly un-British! ;)

As for getting out of the seat pointlessly early, that's hardly an American specialty. I've never been on a plane where at least 90% of the morons didn't do it.

·
Registered
54,872 Posts
When you think about it, what more amazing thing gets done for you than being whisked hundreds of miles through the air in a metal tube weighing tons, and being set down safely at the other end of your journey?

Great sex beats it :thumbs:

I don't applaud that either cos I'm usually shagged out ;)

·
Registered
9,490 Posts
As for getting out of the seat pointlessly early, that's hardly an American specialty. I've never been on a plane where at least 90% of the morons didn't do it.

And of course about 90% of people jump to their feet to queue up to board the aircraft as soon as boarding is announced.......if you've got an allocated seat the plane isn't going to take off without you, so wander on as soon as there's a clear space at the boarding gate......:rolleyes:

R

·
0 Posts
.....and why do they get out of their seats and queue whilst your still moving ? You all have to wait in the hall for your bags anyway :rolleyes:
Simple solution to that - seat 1a + carry on luggage = first off and first out every time no matter how many idiots have stood up the second the thing touches down.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Americans? I've been on lots of flights where passengers clap when the plane lands..and lots where they don't! Usually just takes one person to set off a round of applause may be.

(I don't clap though! )

1 - 20 of 26 Posts