Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All!

I've not been on here for so long.......i've been sulking since we sold our fabulous, perfectly running Alfa for a pile of dog's digested dinner (1996 Vauxhall Frontera), and spent 3 times the selling price of our Alfa to get the 4x4 'crapheap' up to scraps, ahem, I mean scratch.

We had to practically sell it for parts a few months ago. We simply gave up. (Or ran out of funds shall I say)

We thought the off-roading would be fun for a while but the 'shed-on-wheels' spent 6 months being 'off the road'.

Enought of my babble - thought i'd give you the opportunity to laugh at me before I ask a ridiculous question...(the subject title being a slight giveaway)

I've been checking out Alfa's for sale ever since. Tempted to get another 156 and do it up to the standard of our last one.
Orrrr, wondering whether to just go all out and get the 159 2.2 JTS.

Now, when we first got our Alfa, I hated the evo spoiler it had.
Strangely enough though now, I've changed my mind and actually quite like it.

If, however, (here's for my question).......If I went for a 159 JTS......would an evo spoiler look good or crazy???!

All opinions welcome. I've not seen this done anywhere yet and thought the customisation would look eye catching. But hopefully in a good way!
Here's a link to car i've been eyeing up....

Auto Trader UK - Alfa Romeo 159 Saloon 4-Door 2198 cc 2.2 JTS TI

(Not sure if you can view that ok or not...)

Take care all. Have a good evening and thanks for reading and if your considering selling your perfect Alfa simply to save money and to get a cheaper running car.....don't.
It'll probably be cheaper to keep it.

Bev

N

·
0 Posts
Not seen any 159s with a BFW.

The bootlid already has a slight kick to it,
and there are some aftermarket spoilers. :)

But a BFW? Not sure if it'd suit.....

·
Registered
32,442 Posts
buy the car but no to the spolier IMHO :)

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
I'm imagining a wing a bit like the one that come on 156's ... and I think it would work ...

(then all you'll need to do is fit a set of 156 headlamps with a GTA front bumper and you'd have the perfect car :thumbs:)

·
Registered
15,180 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
buy the 159 and leave it as is.
why? its sooooooooooooo beautiful as it is. :)

·
Registered
841 Posts
Whale spolier on a 159 :eek:
I think you need the subaru forum mate :)
Seriously the TI is a lovely looking motor - just leave it be, save your money and enjoy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts