Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

I have a 159 with a bit of a broken nose. I just brought the car and didn't notice the split under the V grille in the pictures. I have seen on eBay a painted bumper for £230-260 (not unreasonable) but i was wandering if anyone has every done a bumper fix on theirs. It looks a fairly clean break but im trying to work out if it really is a cheap easy fix or am i being other enthusiastic with my abilities. Im considering modifying the grille at the same time just to give it a different look. I have included a poor quality image so i hope it is visible.

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Would anyone know what type of plastic these bumpers are. Im taking a guess at ABS but i dont want o get the wrong plastic weld rods.

Hi Guys

I have a 159 with a bit of a broken nose. I just brought the car and didn't notice the split under the V grille in the pictures. I have seen on eBay a painted bumper for £230-260 (not unreasonable) but i was wandering if anyone has every done a bumper fix on theirs. It looks a fairly clean break but im trying to work out if it really is a cheap easy fix or am i being other enthusiastic with my abilities. Im considering modifying the grille at the same time just to give it a different look. I have included a poor quality image so i hope it is visible.

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Would anyone know what type of plastic these bumpers are. Im taking a guess at ABS but i dont want o get the wrong plastic weld rods.
I would use the Q-Bond plastic repair with ‘nano’ powder to suit the colour you want - it’s stronger than the plastic once set!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wow that actually looks pretty impressive stuff. the bumper crack is a bit too big to fill even with both powders however i will be buying this stuff to fix screw screw tabs and to modify the grill which is also crack. thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
wow that actually looks pretty impressive stuff. the bumper crack is a bit too big to fill even with both powders however i will be buying this stuff to fix screw screw tabs and to modify the grill which is also crack. thanks for the heads up.
You will be surprised how good it fills cracks, gaps & holes and it can be sanded down or machined after - it’s brilliant stuff, no kidding!
Just a pointer, if your filling a crack/split - put tape on one side, pour your powder into the gap from the opposite side and then add the Q-Bond, once set remove the tape (use electrical tape or similar, not masking tape!)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts