Discussion Starter #4
Don't worry Nomad, you'll soon be fishing
cod batter out of your fuel filter...

:lol:

·
Registered
136 Posts
ASDA ASWELL!!!!

Both my boss and I filled up at the Havant ADSA station this monday as its on our way to work... and today on the way in BOTH out our Lambda sensors died! - Both cars where miss fireing and his couldnt get much above 40!

His Audi A6 2.7 TT Quatro Sport had a £300+ from Audi bill. And my 156 is at Alfa at this very second also undergoing work related to the Lambda sensor. (poor ickle thing :-( )

Keep your petrol recipts if you get fuel from supermarkets...!

·
Registered
55 Posts
I heard a report on Radio 4. The AA are speaking in terms of 'thousands' of effected cars. It's not dirt or water contamination. It appears that an un-yet identified chemical has found it's way into the supplies. They had a garage owner on who confirmed that the contaminant affected the O2 sensors (Is that the Lambda?) which resulted in the fuel mixture running either chronicaly lean, or too rich. This has lead to a severe shortage of replacement parts. He also mentioned that catalytic converters could also be damaged as a result of this. Tescos are saying it aint us guv! "Gentleman, start your solicitors!"

·
Registered
136 Posts
I was once a shell snob untill i was told they were all the same... wish i hadnt listened :-(

Guess ill be going back to Shell again! - wont trust supermarkets again untill waitrose launch organic petrol :p

·
Registered
50 Posts
Usually use Tescos as nearest garage to me but will definately be doing a 12 mile round trip now to the nearest BP.

Wonder if thats why supermarkets are cheaper ?? Putting sh1te in their fuel??

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
Don't worry Nomad, you'll soon be fishing
cod batter out of your fuel filter...
As long as I get 'scraps' with it I don't care !! :D
And what makes you so certain that Diesel cannot be contaminated ;)
Errr because its's petrol that's contaminated !! :rolleyes: :p

·
Registered
136 Posts
:lol: That horrid diesel stuff is naturally contaiminated!

·
Registered
43,564 Posts

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
Contaminated? With is it Methanol,Benzol,Aviation Spirit,Diesel,Paraffin, or what? No nothing about this other than Media stuff. Do remember I think, trying a 4 stroke engine on I think it was neat Benzol,the motor got absolutely red hot, almost knackered it, think it burnt the pistons, or was that paraffin,-during The Suez crisis, or was it the '72 Fuel Shortage when we were issued petrol coupons yet again? Any Chemists can enlighten please?

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
It says Ethanol in the linky Mr. ZF !! ;)

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
Yes sorry Nomad, thanks for posting that, typical me, tail-end Charlie. I suppose everyone, remembers the Buncefield thing,just up the road from our house? Do I recollect,reportedly the supply system was some how controlled with varying types of fuel, at different periods, and then deployed some sort of flushing process? I think it inferred,the same pipes were used for allsorts.Someone cocked up? Hows your motor running? Anyone having problems?

·
Registered
104 Posts
I know the BBC have only been reporting about problems in the South, and only about petrol, but has anyone seen any reports from the North, and/or about diesel?

I ask because my 1.9JTD 156 Wagon has recently (i.e. since Monday evening) suffered a noticable drop off in power - after tanking up at Tescos' in Blackpool. Coincidence?

MR

1 - 20 of 69 Posts