Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

My ph2 TS Spider is annoying me more and more nowadays with the wind noise being generated by the driver dood window. I can see it clearly it doesnt sit as far onto the rubber seals as the passenger side which is nice and quiet.

Anyways, I understand the main adjust ment is take the door card off, etc..but there is also another adjustment according to the alfa Workshop guide here How To... Fix Wind Noise Issues on GTV/Spiders

I'm looking at the second adjustment mentioned quote "The next common problem is the angle of the glass (arrow A picture 1) in relation to the rubber, this is a lot easier to adjust there being two access holes at the base of the door trim marked with a C in the picture. Simply pop off the cover at the front and rear, unlock the nut and then adjust the screw to change the angle as required"

I attach a jpeg of my car, but which screw makes what adjustment turning clockwise or anticlockwise ? I have labeled them A and B on the jpeg. I think I need to make the window sit and press just a little tighter on the vertical rubber side above the door lock and part of the folding roof.

Appreciate your help and thoughts in advance folks !

regards

Leeoh

Attachments

·
Registered
306 Posts
I've just done mine but with the door card off as I had to adjust the limit height also.

Screw has a locking nut around it so you need to free that off first. This should be possible with a socket with the door card on. I used a ring spanner with the card off.

Turn the screw (flat blade) clockwise to move the bottom of the guides out which moves the top of the window in towards the rubber. Screw on the right will give adjustment to the right hand guide, left adjusts the left. Then tighten locknut up.

Jamie

1 - 4 of 4 Posts