Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all. firstly merry christmas!

whilst driving for christmas day with the lady friends parents my wipers started playing up; they start then stop a few inches up when on the slowest setting! it ocasionally worked, then that speed stopped all together. The wash wipes have stopped aswel, so you need to turn them on to the faster speed. Anyway, is this a relay issue?
I had a similar problem on a fiat coupe, and it was a relay. i had a peek in the spider handbook, and it seems there isnt a wiper relay, just a fuse"!? is this correct? does anyone know which one is the wiper relay? any help would be amazing!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ah found other threads mentioning dodgy contacts on motor. I shall be having a look at that tomrrow. Any tips?

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
If you mean the intermittent setting, then the problem is most likely hardened grease within the motor gearbox. To fix you have to remove the motor assembly, desolder the control box and open the gearbox. Remove all the old grease, clean thoroughly, apply fresh grease ( I just used ordinary LM grease ) and reassemble - soldering the control box back on.

There are relays but they're part of other assemblies ( the control box mentioned above and the N14 device near the fuse box ).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts