Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Have anyone tried to change the windscreen frame seal on a Spider (Ph2)?

Is it an easy task or is it something that will take a whole day of work?

The windscreen frame seal on my Spider is starting to deteriorate and I have found a good second hand part on Ebay and I consider to change the seal myself.

A new seal is quite expensive :euroc: 385£ :yikes:

The seal under discussion is item 3 (p/n 60657106) in the picture

Attachments

·
Registered
208 Posts
yes, its easy enough, I did mine in a few hours. You will need some special double sided foam tape. I got some 3M stuff purposly for rubber seals, you will see what I mean when you get your spare seal and see where it is sticky. Make sure the ends of the seal on the one you are removing and new one match up, you can see with the car door open. There was a change from a seal with a rubber pin to one where it is a rubber flap with stud. The rubber pin is from a phase 1, although, knowing alfa, they will be a few cars out there on a phase two with this on.....for avoidance of doubt, a phase 1 seal does not fit a phase 2...the sides where the windows meet and where the trim meets are slightly different...across the top is the same though.

To fit, you have to put hood down, remove all internal trim from around the windscreen, remove the internal plastic door sill. There are two nuts either side of the seal that need to be undone too. The Alfa Spider manual gives a good description on what you should do - you should follow those instructions.

·
Premium Member
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Changed the frame seal today and it took approx. two and half an hour to do so.

The most difficult task was to get the old double adhesive tape of the frame.

Now it is only to wait for some rain to see if the "new" frame seal is leaking.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts