Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody

After having a few electrical faults during the big freeze, my autospark says I need a new window motor on my 2001 Spider. I want to get one from a scrapyard but does anybody know if they are particular to that car or will any other Alfa one fit. I realise it needs to drop down when the door opens and closes. Were there any changes over the years to the Spider motor? Also does anybody have a cure for a squeaky heater fan?

Thanks

·
Registered
693 Posts
I would think that you would need a model specific regulator so that it locates onto the existing mounting points inside the door. Not worth the risk of trying a different one, especially as most Alfa breakers seem to have the correct part that you would need. Be warned, fitting a new one is a NIGHTMARE job, without the special shims for adjusting the angle that the window will sit at. ( Though this might not be as much of an issue with a soft top. ) I had to do it by trial and error, ( with bias towards the error! ), to erradicate the wind noise and water leaks.

The heater fan can be oiled fairly easily, as far as I have read on here. You just have to take the cover off from the passenger footwell and apply a few drops of oil/WD40. I need to do mine too.

K

·
0 Posts
I want to get one from a scrapyard but does anybody know if they are particular to that car or will any other Alfa one fit.

Thanks
There are 2 types, with auto drop and without. Both will fit but if you get one without auto drop you won't be able to close the door! So don't believe any breakers that try and fob you off with the wrong type.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I had an issue with mine recently, the window was blocked in the passenger door while freezing outside...nice!! Simply Alfa fitted me a new one, sourced from the main dealer as sourcing a potential used one could be a nightmare due to the drop type or not: £218 + vat for the part from the Alfa main dealer and I had to wait few days as Alfa UK had to order from Alfa Italy...I hope the driver one won't do the same :mad:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts