Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thinking of buying a wind deflector for my spider and would appreciate any comments and feedback with regard to the following:

1. How easy are they to fit?
2. Do they actually work?
3. Are they for the old fuddy duddies, trying to avoid being one.
4. How much do they cost?

Many thanks and roll on the summer.

R

·
0 Posts
Got one for mine off eBay for about £50 I think it was. Doddle to fit and yes it does make a difference, although don't expect too much. Most noticeable if you go for a spin without it on, then fit it and do the same route straight away. It does cut down on turbulence in the cabin.

I think they look ok too.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I agree, a doddle to fit, about 5 mins. A hand screwed fastener each side and a clip in the middle rear. Does not get in the way of hood rising.

-1c, everything white with frost, but sunny on Saturday, hood down , deflector and windows up, heater on and even SWMBO was convinced it works.

R

·
0 Posts
I agree, a doddle to fit, about 5 mins. A hand screwed fastener each side
The hand screwed thing is part of the wind deflector, to fit it initially you need to remove the oval/rectangular blanking plugs from either side of the crescent shaped section above the parcel shelf and open the hood cover. The wind deflector frame is then held in place by a couple of screwed plates that sit behind the recess left by the blanking plugs and are secured with two allen bolts. the wind deflector itself then clips on and is secured using the hand screwed fasteners you mentioned.

yawn..... I know

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi Rob I have bought the same one but I think that I may be missing a couple of bits. Do you have a pic or two of the fitted deflector?:)

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
I spashed out and bought a new Alfa one - £175 I think but definately worth it especially as I'm over six foot and cant tuck down low!!

dan

1 - 6 of 6 Posts