Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I left my manual 09 2.4JTD car outside with a cover over it for 2 months and yesterday I went to start it and I get no dash lights just a warning my alarm or safety system is not working. The windows drop when I open the doors. I went and bought a new battery but it's just the same.

The only thing is the interior is really damp with mildew everywhere the cover must have not let the car breathe plus it leaked. Could this have anything to do with the problem? I am making room for it in my garage to dry it out. I've also put a new battery in the key fob but made no difference.... Any ideas?

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Try cleaning the earth connection where it bolts to the body just forward of the battery, you'll need to remove it, 13mm bolt and clean the contact area with a bit of emery or sand paper, lightly grease and refit.
There is also another body to engine earth under the battery tray but its a bit harder to get to, to diagnose if thats at fault put a jump lead between the battery negative and a bolt on the cam box or the engine lifting eye.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts