Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm new here.

I own a Spider 1983 & a 147 selespeed but still looking for a 1991 Spider that's in good condition. Recently saw the Brera exhibited in Kuala Lumpur; she's sexy and she's desirable. I wonder how does the Brera compare to the new Spider?

Thanks

N

·
0 Posts
Hi There.

Welcome on board!

The Spider is almost identical to the Brera. :cool:
(With the obvious exception of the roof! and two less "seats" ;) )

Spider is also heavier at 1530kg Brera 1470kg [2.2JTS]

·
Registered
821 Posts
Hi there, and welcome from a fellow neubie! :p

The Brera Spider doesn't get launched in the UK until next February. I'm of two minds, I have to confess. Whilst I really do think it looks great, still to me it just isn't a Spider... its a Brera cabriolet. A Spider should be smaller, lighter and more nimble, the Brera chassis is just too big for it to be a true Spider.

I'm sure others will disagree, but thats what this forum is for, after all! Welcome to to the discussion.

:)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies. Neither the Brera nor the new Spider is for sale in Malaysia yet till the local dealer push out enough of 159s which will be perhaps 2nd quarter next year (2007). And the 3.2 Q4 Brera is expected to be priced about USD110,000 or GBP60,000 whilst the new Spider about the same or more.
For now I concur with Alfarmus on Brera v Spider but it woudnt be till I test drive that I can decide which to burn the money on.

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
Sunshine said:
And the 3.2 Q4 Brera is expected to be priced about USD110,000 or GBP60,000 whilst the new Spider about the same or more.
I dont think I'd be willing to blow that much money on an Alfa - you could buy a one year Ferrari in this country for that sort of money. I know Malaysia has very high tax on non Malaysian cars but thats crazy.

A friend here recently bought a 2003 360 Spider for about £42,000 with 5000kms on the clock !!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts