Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Could do with some advise.

I am currently in the Italian lakes with my 2008 Spider.. All is running great and got here from the UK without incident. However, since being here the roads and terrain have taken their toll on the protector underneath the car... I found last night that it has broken on one side and is hitting the ground on uneven roads (of which ther are many)

Obviously this important as I guess it protect a lot of crucial stuff.

My question is, if I cannot fix it myself (tape it together to get home in effect), am I exposing myself to a major issue.. We leave in a couple of days and once out of the lakes, it'll be motorway all the way home.

Appreciate any advice or previous experience

Must share the a last point which made me chuckle... I came out of the Alfa Museum to find a chap and his son taking a picture of my car!!! And it was filthy due the rain we've had here!
Also sat in the Guilia and it is a very nice place to be. Classic design and very good looking in the flesh!

Cheers
Phil

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
Are the Italian roads around the lakes not good then?

You should be fine with temporarily repairing the broken bits to stop them flapping around.
The guards are not necessarily that important for actual protection, but more for smoothing airflow and keeping the engine bay clean(er).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts