Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone help me with my printed circuit board its become faulty,

its the one that controls the oil gauge and voltage gauge.

Thanks
Danny

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can anyone help me with my printed circuit board its become faulty,

its the one that controls the oil gauge and voltage gauge.

Thanks
Danny
hi its shorted out so the dash lights, oil gauge and voltage gauges are not working.

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
hi its shorted out so the dash lights, oil gauge and voltage gauges are not working.

and they are the only 2 gauges not working?
and the clear coloured wiring connector (that big plug on the back) checks out ok....as does the black "C" connector plug under the dash?

if other gauges are out (speedo etc) and instrument lights too check fuse #7 / #8 and even #10 (in fact check them all!!)

here is a wiring schematic that will be of use (2nd pdf in list) - it is a US pod but that upper board is the same for all intents and purpose:
Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums - View Single Post - Available Wiring Diagrams

Dom

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
and they are the only 2 gauges not working?
and the clear coloured wiring connector (that big plug on the back) checks out ok....as does the black "C" connector plug under the dash?

if other gauges are out (speedo etc) and instrument lights too check fuse #7 / #8 and even #10 (in fact check them all!!)

here is a wiring schematic that will be of use (2nd pdf in list) - it is a US pod but that upper board is the same for all intents and purpose:
Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums - View Single Post - Available Wiring Diagrams

Dom
Hi Dom it is just the top circuit board the one that controls the oil pressure gauge and volt meter gauge

part of the board has burnt out.

so I need replacement board..
Thanks for the wiring diagram

Regards
Danny

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
Ah OK Danny, got it now...

you see that element come up for sale every now and again....rare though.
there is one in Canada at the moment, but it has the oil in lbs, not bar as our euro models have.
(see ebay: 262394216888)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ah OK Danny, got it now...

you see that element come up for sale every now and again....rare though.
there is one in Canada at the moment, but it has the oil in lbs, not bar as our euro models have.
(see ebay: 262394216888)
Hi thanks i not bothered if the oil gauge is in pounds.

I will check it out now.

Regards

Danny

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
if it is of any use another one a bit closer to home, here in Germany (but also a US version in psi)
ebay nr. 161880337191

you could contact them, tell them it is for the USA model (in psi) and then ask if they have similar for the euro market (in bar)...they will reply no, then you send in an offer (that is how I would do it!)

Dom

·
Premium Member
2,483 Posts
if it is of any use another one a bit closer to home, here in Germany (but also a US version in psi)
ebay nr. 161880337191

you could contact them, tell them it is for the USA model (in psi) and then ask if they have similar for the euro market (in bar)...they will reply no, then you send in an offer (that is how I would do it!)

Dom
Crafty!

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
yeah, but once in a while you need to bring them back down to earth....

I bet if you offered 50 euros for it you'd get it; been up for ages. But if you offer him straight out, he will think no way, and think you are arrogant.
Tell him it is for a US car and he knows he'll be sitting on it a long, long while yet...(just like his US speedo, that dropped significantly in price once someone (;)) told him it was for US model that appeared for about 1 year, with those odd-awful passive belts!!)

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
If it is only a small area of the board track is burnt you can scrape off the insulation over the solder track and solder a strand of wire across the damaged area. Done this s few times on various printed circuit boards.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts