Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the spider out the garage today, lovely sunny day, dropped the roof and crack! Rear window shattered.

Must have been to cold,,,,,

Any one fitted a complete new roof themselves and any one got the name of a supplier

Nottinghamshire based

Cheers

·
Registered
7,768 Posts
They are £140 or £150 for rear window sections on ebay, that includes the fabric, you can get just the new window (see through bit) sown in for just over £100 odd. I have a genuine(OEM) brand new rear window section with fabric that i might sell if i can dig it out?:lol:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They are £140 or £150 for rear window sections on ebay, that includes the fabric, you can get just the new window (see through bit) sown in for just over £100 odd. I have a genuine(OEM) brand new rear window section with fabric that i might sell if i can dig it out?:lol:
Rear window section sounds good.?
I was just thinking of replacing it complete as the rest of the roof looks a little worn and frayed in places.
Any one know how difficult it is to replace one, is there a guide.

Thanks, Nick

·
Registered
7,768 Posts
It's easy to replace. At the top of the window on the inside you will see a Zip, undo zip and then there is an elastic fastner that has a pop fitting, unpop. Go to the outside and you should notice velcro fastening down the sides pull from velcro. Now pop the hood and you will either see a load of rivets or screws all the way along bottom, undo these, some may shear but you can drill the sheared ones out.

The rear window section should now be free from car, Installation as said in all the best manuals is the reversal of the above.
Remember on installing to fasten loosely to frame first and work from bottom up, the zip should only be closed after you have it bolted to frame once you have it zipped fasten tightly the screws all along the bottom.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for that I think that's the route I will take and just replace the rear section.

·
Registered
7,768 Posts
It's a very easy DIY'er job Nick, if you have done it once you could do it in a half hour, if its a 1st time and you don't shear any screws then give it an hour although you could quite easily waste a morning/afternoon doing it.:lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts