Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the roof opens & closes fine - but just recently every time i go over a bump the rear of the roof unlatches itself & its comes up with hood cycle incomplete ? Gettin on my nerves !

·
Registered
7,435 Posts
I think they've all probably done it at some point.
It'll probably get worse. Check the levers for manual procedure and make sure they're pushed all the way back when 'closed'.
The roof mechanism may need recalibrating if that doesn't work and you can't live with it.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
picture ?

Can someone post a picture if where the levers are please ?

full story - as hoping it will help

Yday morning it got stuck trying to open it - it closed ok so i carried on to work - when i got back in later that day - it opened , so when i got home i investigated - there are 2 rubber bungs in the mechanism - about an inch long & 3/4" wide - one looked fine , the other broke & hanging off nearly - so i glued it back and lubricated a few of the joints - perhaps a bad move !

When i look now the hood looks to not fit as well - up at one side perhaps 1/4" higher than other side ? - can you adjust these ?

all help greatly appreciated as only recently back to alfa & getting i told u so !

·
Registered
865 Posts
The weakness where one side sits higher than the other is most likely the ram, mine does it but mine is fine in all other departments (touch wood).
I put mine back into the garage after being told that it would be covered under the warranty but I was then told it wasnt covered and the part would cost in the region of £500........but they couldnt source one, main dealer this is.
Mine still sits high on one side but strangely enough, although there is a clear gap at times, no rain water has ever got in.

·
Registered
865 Posts
You should have that now Mike.

Of course if anyone else wants a copy them PM me your e-mail addresses and I'll send it on, also have a dead easy to understand with pictures piece on manually opening and closing the roof....of course Mr Lussoman probably might not need this one :wink_org:.
While we are at it, also have downloadable manual and B+M manual should anyone want them.

·
Registered
7,435 Posts
You should have that now Mike.

Of course if anyone else wants a copy them PM me your e-mail addresses and I'll send it on, also have a dead easy to understand with pictures piece on manually opening and closing the roof....of course Mr Lussoman probably might not need this one :wink_org:.
While we are at it, also have downloadable manual and B+M manual should anyone want them.
You probably know more about that damn roof than I do SpiderSaint!
I'll message you, something ''dead easy to understand'' sounds like it's worth having, thanks :smile:

·
Registered
7,435 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hello
Checked the hood fluid level tonight & its a bit low - what is the fluid ? any idea where i can buy some ?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hood all out of line windows stuck open

hello all
the hood has lost its sync - got stuck half way up & i have now shut it manually - it thinks it is mid cycle and a cant shut the windows and its forecast rain - anyone know how to override it ? etc

all help greatly appreciated

·
Registered
865 Posts
Mike, I know we e-mailed earlier but just had a thought, it's only a thought mind but have you tried disconnecting the battery and reconnecting after 20 mins, not sure it will reset the roof but it might get the windows up after you do the usual resets.
Might need Lussoman on this one.

·
Registered
7,435 Posts
SS - I've sent him a PM, but it's only to do with making sure those levers are absolutely fully locked-out at the end of the cycle.
I've had the same problem for years but this works for me.
I might have owned mine for a long time, but I'm really no expert at all with the damn thing!!
Hope he manages to get it watertight.

And Mike - make sure you buy a cover that can be used in future emergencies.
It might make Spider ownership that little bit more bearable!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
SS - I've sent him a PM, but it's only to do with making sure those levers are absolutely fully locked-out at the end of the cycle.
I've had the same problem for years but this works for me.
I might have owned mine for a long time, but I'm really no expert at all with the damn thing!!
Hope he manages to get it watertight.

And Mike - make sure you buy a cover that can be used in future emergencies.
It might make Spider ownership that little bit more bearable!
thanks for all the replys - i removed the hood fuses and the windows worked then - now watertight and ill look at it again at the weekend

cheers

Mike

1 - 14 of 14 Posts