Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
Although I now consider myself a veteran on quite a few Alfa issues (156 and GTV), I am new to Spider ownership. So while I have a project Spider to repair I am not familiar with any of the usual roof issues. Needless to say the electric roof doesn't fully work at the moment. I have done some repairs which the previous owner right royally bodged. This enquiry relates to the fact that a) I am unable to connect to the roof ecu and b) I suspect a component is missing. In and around the area of the hydraulic pump I have located 3 connectors and nothing to connect them to. See photos below for the connector ends. What is missing? Like I said, no experience with a spider so I'm going in blind here. I might be barking up the wrong tree so to speak but I dont know anyone else with a spider I can compare it to.
Also, I managed to break the only working Original Alfa key. Not an issue if it wasn't for the fact that the alarm was set when the key failed. Is this now a spares project? Or can a key be created from the vehicle ecu? (2001 Y reg Phase 2 Spider). I only bought it as a project so I wouldn't be too upset with selling spare parts if it came to that. Nice blue style interior etc but I'd rather get it working if I could. Any advice is appreciated... Two of the connectors can be seen in the first picture (white connector and red / yellow connector), third one (black connector) in next picture.
View attachment 936417

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Have you got an integral key/alarm fob or separate key and fob? If it is separate then you can quite easily obtain a replacement ECU for the alarm with new fobs. Otherwise, you can disconnect the alarm (don’t ask me how but the previous owner of my Spider has done it as the alarm doesn’t work).

I can’t connect to the hood through the OBD socket by the main fuse box and think you need to get into it via a three pin connector which might be one of the ones you have found. I believe it ain’t the best at helping with fault finding.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts