Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone,

Spider has undergone some work just thought i would share it.......

Re-furbed wheels........see pictures......

New front wishbones......

New tyres........

New badges.......see pictures

Machine polish......

What do you think......

Cheers

Mark G.

Attachments

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi there

Cheers man.....new wishbones has transformed the ride....

With the powerflexed rear and the new wishbones it feels great.....

Just need a bit of work on the seats and it will be first class.....but i cant find anyone that will do em...i need a recommendation off anyone thats had seats retrimmed...

Great car though

Cheers

Mark G.

·
Registered
4,301 Posts
Hey Mark, lovely looking motor mate!
Do a search on line for a trimmer near you and talk to him.
I paid around £100 for the driver side bolster to be re leathered.

Best of luck mate....

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi there,

Cheers mate....

The seats on ours are slightly sagging on the bolsters especially on the drivers side....

Whats that exhaust on your spider.....looks like stainless manifold and nice back box to...

And where did you get your strut brace.....

Cheers

Mark G.

·
Registered
4,301 Posts
These guys custom made me a manifold to suit there exhaust system, a bit pricey but excellent quality, I have there full stainless system and it sounds fantastic!

If you can afford it defo recommend!!

The strut base is "Ultra Racing" makes a big difference. Make an offer for £80, should seal the deal :thumbs:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Was your top cover always in good condition or have you had to clean it up? If so, how did you go about it? Mine isn't bad, but it's not as nice as yours :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,301 Posts
Powder coating my friend !!

"The track day" GTV is a 98 with alloy cam cover and intake bits, have had them powder coated in a sparkly candy apple red and will look awsome when fitted :cool: watch out for updates on my thread

·
Registered
60 Posts
Great looking spider,I have same model. I had my wheels refurbed now only need washing
with car shampoo & keep looking as new.Clear side repeaters make a nice update & very easy to swap over.
Thinking of sorting suspension next, Polybush rear & strut brace front seems to be what everyone on here recommends.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi

polybush rear is awesome the ride is so much better and no more annoying squeaking....

New wishbones on the front are a revelation...we didnt polybush the front because i had herd that it is not a good thing to do....dont know why...but front is now great

Cheers

Mark G

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Where did you get the badges from? They look great!

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi

Click on this link i had some for my 156 as well the only drawback is that they are self adhesive....you can stick em over your originals or dismantle the original like i did they look so much better if you do it the way i did....http://stores.ebay.co.uk/54321-Retro-Rocket?_trksid=p4340.l2563

They are very good quality...the wheel badges look brilliant.

Cheers

Mark G.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I'll be ordering those shortly. They will match with my interior nicely. I have the inverted badges on my alloy gear knob and handbrake lever so looking forward to matching the outside with the inside. Thanks!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts