Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After only two months driving my 2 year old Spider my wife has managed to shatter the rear windscreen (admittedy not her fault) by opening the roof. The problem seems to be that the roof mechanism dislodged part of the rollover headrests and then when the hood folded away the glass crushed against them. Has anyone heard of this before or have I just been unlucky?

·
Registered
146 Posts
i worked for meridien milano in bournemouth the roll over bar, silver cover coming loose is very very common and has to be reglued.I have never seen a glass smash tho it would have to be under alot of tension for the glass to smash.I also had to replace a interior roof skin before because of the trims damaging them.If people dont know about this fault then they should touch the rollover bar trim with the roof down nearly everone i ever worked on had this happen unless it had already been reglued should be warranty tho

·
Registered
244 Posts
I lost one of the silver plastic hoops in the roof storage bay, dislodged by the mechanism; fortunately didn't break anything. This is a well known problem, plenty of previous threads, & the only solution is to firmly glue the hoops in place & anticipate that the hood mechanism will always catch the top of the hoops when opening & closing. Make sure you get your damage sorted under warranty though.

·
Registered
636 Posts
I had a 07 full alfa service history, i bought the car second hand would it still be under warrenty ? :s

·
Registered
2 Posts
Spider - roll over bar silver cover

I have lost one of my 'silver hoops' from my 2008 Brera Spider and want to find replacement or pair if required.

I am struggling to find online and have no access to dealer.

Can anyone point me in reight direction or help me with the correct name or parts number????

1 - 6 of 6 Posts