Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
I kow a car trimmer in Kent Maidsone / Bluebell hill are he has done several alfa seats for me and i am pretty sure that he can do soft tops and windows, i cant remember his name but his number is 07963692222.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
286 Posts
I also found these in Surrey, anyone used them?
Alfa Romeo Product Catalogue from Car Hood Warehouse

I've also seen a MGF website and someone in Houslow replaces the screens with a dark tint, I'll see if they can do an Alfa.
i used carhood warehouse , got a complete roof supplied and fitted , not as good as a original roof but its been on the car for 2 years now and still looks really good , only thing was got the car back and the bugger had set off the airbag warning light grrr and not said anything

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good News!
I've just phoned this lovely lady, Sonia Morris 02088939747 or 07904893460 email [email protected] <[email protected]>
MGF & TF Rear Window Replacement
She will stitch a new PVC window in some time this week, either I take the car round and she'll remove, fix and replace for £115.
Or, if I take it out and replace myself, £75!
She even does it via mail.

I've read a few MGF forums and they're full of praise.

I think I'll get the dark tint, as it's a black spider.

·
Registered
683 Posts
I had the same thing done for £40 by a interior trimmer in South Wales. (or £75 if he was to remove it himself)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Oh Dear

Needed to replace high level brake light on my spider for the MOT
lifted hood and the rear window cracked oh S**t :tut:
phoned Sonia Morris and she is going to replace for me when she receives black tint window
from her supplier :)
why are these so brittle?? :cry:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Rear Spider Window

If you live near the coast, try making an enquiry with a sailmaker, or chandler - They can usually put you in touch with someone who makes/repairs Spray hoods. The same skills are easily transferable to soft tops :thumbs:

·
Registered
24 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have seen this before, I'm not sure how it'd fair with the electric motor folding my roof up, he seems to put it away very gingerly.
I got Sonia Morris to repair my window and I'm happy with it and how it looks, this weekend was the first time it was folded, it didn't suffer, unlike my cold ears!

As for for using other methods of repair, I've heard people talk of tent repairs and the like, I'd warn them to check what's being sewn in, Sonia uses proper Ultabrite screen, not some ultra-thin plastic sheet designed for a weeks camping in Cornwall.

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Spider glass rear screen

Hallo Goudy
I'm fitting one tomorrow morning to an electric powered top. I'm going to make some pictures of the installation so I can make fitting instructions that everyone will understand. The top in the video is non original, the one tomorrow is an original Alfa top. The top doesn't need to be modified to fit the screen. The screen just bolts in. I'll be able to tell you more tomorrow evening.

Regards

Chris Clark

·
Registered
301 Posts
I brought mine new from Jamie Porter comes with Velcro and was an original part.
Apparantly if the rear window has gone cloudy this can be fixed with a hot air gun - anyone tried it?

·
Registered
17,798 Posts
or thiunners...this works too :thumbs:

·
Registered
414 Posts
I know about replacement vinyl screens... this thread however did touch upon replacement glass screens as featured in this link.......

YouTube - Alfa Spider 005.mov

I am interested to see if this is available.... if I am correct I understand that it is cabriotec that was to install such a screen back in March....

·
Registered
24 Posts
Spider 916 glass rear screen conversion

Hallo aicwilson
Thank you very much for your interest in my glass rear screen conversion for the 916 Spider.
Yes I did fit one to a power top car, but I didn't get around to putting the video on You Tube. It works very well and I recently 'phoned the owner to find out if everything is still O.K. It seems that everything is working O.K. and he is very happy with it. I'll probably get around to producing it in the next couple of months.
Generally speaking I find the response to my innovation on this forum to be disapointing, as if people think this is a fake that doesn't work anyway. I will only go on sale with my products when I'm confident that the customers will be happy with what they've bought.
As far as the price for this screen goes, I plan to sell it here in Germany for approx. 350€
The screen fits into the original top with (almost) no modification to the hood itself, in about 1hr.

Chris Clark

·
Registered
7,798 Posts
Im interested cabriotec, but! you can't blame this forum for your disappointment! if you had as promised managed to get a video and demonstrated the product to members illustrating installation and finish, i feel confident that the AO.com reaction would be more rewarding for yourself. Just remember, we Alfa owners don't suffer fools gladly and actively encourage individuals that can improve our Bella's well being!:)

So! get a good video and im sure the orders will roll in if your product is good!

ER;)

·
Registered
414 Posts
Chris... I am very interested to get a glass rear screen... I have manual hood as per the video on youtube... be very interested to see the mods required to fit it to my vehicle.... please keep me updated with developments... happy to become guinea pig or show customer . Andy

1 - 20 of 21 Posts