Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Afternoon guys and gals.

Well having had a GTV aero rear spoiler in green up on a shelf in my garage for nearly two years, I finally too the plunge and got it resprayed black and fitted to my Spider.

Personally, I love the design, but I know others will be poking their eyes out with a stick.

(I have a spare bootlid, just in case I change my mind though)

Attachments

·
Registered
321 Posts
Now that looks good, how it should have been from the factory, good work!

I do not like rear of the OE Spider or a GTV without the spoiler it looks 'incomplete' to me

BTW your signature: GTV V6 12V....12V?

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Spider V6 12V - yep - its the early twelve valve engine that was grey imported by me in 1999 from Germany.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Worst 'i have siennas' thread ever :p

Must say the spoiler looks great - on a black car,not too sure other colours could pull it off.Do you have a picture of it from directly behind ?

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
+1 looks great in black, don't think it would work as well on some other colours.

Well worth doing!!

Nice alloys as well. :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Looks great! In fact, it looks better than on your spider then it would on a GTV :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Just been looking at your car again and are those seats Recaro by chance? They look more bolstered, but can't zoom in on my phone.

Also, is this one of the best looking Spiders or what!!!

Stunning.. More pictures please :)

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just been looking at your car again and are those seats Recaro by chance? They look more bolstered, but can't zoom in on my phone.

Also, is this one of the best looking Spiders or what!!!

Stunning.. More pictures please :)
Cheers

Sparco Milano's actually. Had them for a few years and probably need a bit of TLC soon.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for all the positive replies, I wasn't sure how it would go down with the Alfisti. Then again, my car isn't original, so it wont be for the purists.

Got to say thanks to Clive from CG Trading - he posted a picture of a blue spider with the aero spoiler a couple of years ago that really made my mind up to do this.

Its not easy to fit (I didn't do it...!) as the bolts are too short for the spider bootlid depth and a few other "features" that need to be overcome. Thankfully a friendly body shop were happy to help.

I do have some more pics, so watch this space.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
How much were the seats and did you get someone to leather them up, or standard?

I want some seats like this for better lateral support, like the Recaro's in my TT.

If you got a link to where you purchased would be most appreciated :)

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
How much were the seats and did you get someone to leather them up, or standard?

I want some seats like this for better lateral support, like the Recaro's in my TT.

If you got a link to where you purchased would be most appreciated :)
I purchased these second hand about 7 years ago, second hand from a car being broken. They are standard leather that is a virtual exact colour match for the leather trim in the GTV Spider. They do need a bit of TLC this year as they must be 10 years old at least!

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
I'll have a Google then to see what comes up.

Are they a direct fit or do you need a Sparco fixing/runner to replace the base unit runners on the Momo's?

Looking forward to seeing more pictures of your car when you get chance.

Cheers.

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Got to say thanks to Clive from CG Trading - he posted a picture of a blue spider with the aero spoiler a couple of years ago that really made my mind up to do this.
Here it is again + silver.

I think any colour would look good.

Clive

Attachments

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Each to their own,personally i dont like the look of the spoiler on the silver car,3rd pic makes it look like its at the wrong angle too

1 - 20 of 33 Posts