Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Not parting completely from Alfas but a need for a more practical second car means the 97 Twinny Spider has to go and make way for a Giulietta QV TBi. Trouble is I have no idea how much to ask.

She's a phase one in black with a black, manual hood and black leather seats. Current mileage is 101,000. Everything works as it should and the car is free of any major corrosion. Bodywork is in fair condition with no major damage and I'll be making sure she's fully cleaned and polished before sale. The timing belt was last changed in 2016 so I'll be doing that before sale as well along with an oil and filter change. The hood is free of leaks and tears. it'll be cleaned and proofed before selling. The rear suspension has been fully rebuilt with Polyflex bushes and there's a cat-back stainless exhaust system.

I was planning on asking £1500 but fear this may be too much.

Any suggestions guys? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
IMO that‘s not expensive at all. The going rate for an utter basket case of a V6 is a grand - I should know, I’ve got two of them. They’re on the mend, but it is taking serious cash and time.

A spider that is in good order with changed belts etc - I would have thought would easily make 2k.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I wouldn't sell that below £1.5k especially if everything works and a fresh cambelt service.

Maybe put it up a little bit more as buyers like to haggle down a bit. (Although I'm no good at that, think the grin on my face after the test drive destroyed my bargaining power)

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Good original phase 1 cars seem to command a good price. I would suggest that you only sell for £1500 if you want a very quick sale. Prices should start rising as the weather improves. I would think that £2k+ is more than realistic.

·
Administrator
GT 2.0 JTS
5,102 Posts
Wait until the weather gets better, sold mine for £1750 two years ago.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts