Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,166 Posts
If your tablet has Bluetooth then you could buy a suitable Bluetooth ELM unit and download the Alfa OBD App to the tablet (assuming your tablet runs Android)

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Do these Bluetooth ELM units work with the 3 pin connector on the phase 1. If you have found one that works that would be interesting.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If your tablet has Bluetooth then you could buy a suitable Bluetooth ELM unit and download the Alfa OBD App to the tablet (assuming your tablet runs Android)
Yes im using Android. (And i have a Garmin Virb action cam that can connect to ODB with bluetooth and shows real time datas (speed, rpm, etc) over the video. So i really need a working bt gadget. :)

·
Premium Member
1,166 Posts
Yes im using Android. (And i have a Garmin Virb action cam that can connect to ODB with bluetooth and shows real time datas (speed, rpm, etc) over the video. So i really need a working bt gadget. :)
The Bluetooth adapter I have link to works both with my Smartphone (Android) and with my laptop.

On the Smartphone I have installed the AlfaOBD Android app.

AlfaOBD

On the laptop I have installed AlfaOBD and MultiECUscan

Multiecuscan - Diagnostics software for Italian cars

·
Premium Member
1,166 Posts
Not with bluethoot
Is it something you know, have tried or something you assume?

In the 3-pin to 16-pin adapter the K-line of the 3-pin connector will be connected to the k-line (pin 7) in the 16-pin connector and the L-line of the 3-pin connector will be connected to the L-line (pin 15) of the 16-pin connector.
So as long as the BT unit gets power it can't see if it is connected to a 16-pin connector or a 3-pin connector.
The protocol on the 3-pin connector is the same as for the 16-pin connector and is supported by the BT unit.

If you have other information please enlighten me.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Untill a year ago i had a 1995 spider 2.0 TS as i remember it was allready almost imposiblle to simply conect direct the kkl interface and with the 3 pin i try it with DNecu scan, MES and Unidiag with my bluethoot elm it did not work atall. A few weeks i had a 156 1.6 120 ps the interface worked on the engine the bleuthoot nono.
The works fine on my JTS 2.0 spider 2005

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Red wire (+12V) and black (earth) on the 3 pin adapter needs to be connected or else won't the ELM Bluetooth unit power up, but a look at multiecuscan website tells that a ELM unit are not supporting GTV/Spider
Ph1 engines ECU.

·
Premium Member
1,166 Posts
Red wire (+12V) and black (earth) on the 3 pin adapter needs to be connected or else won't the ELM Bluetooth unit power up, but a look at multiecuscan website tells that a ELM unit are not supporting GTV/Spider
Ph1 engines ECU.
I have look a bit deeper into the topic and it seems the AlfaOBD Android app support the 3-pin diagnostic connector if an OBDkey BT adapter is used.
I haven't tried it though

The ODBkey adapters are available here.

OBDKey. Automotive Diagnostics

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Just had a look on the alfaobd website and it lists both engine ECU's fitted to the phase 1. These can only be accessed via the 3 pin adapter so should work.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Just had a look on the alfaobd website and it lists both engine ECU's fitted to the phase 1. These can only be accessed via the 3 pin adapter so should work.
In real.....................dont work believe me

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
I believe you. So many variables like different versions of android, adaptor cables and Bluetooth connectors can make it a nightmare. A laptop, a copy of MES and an old fashioned cable is the way to go although that is not without its setup difficulty's.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts