Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i was wondering if any other spider owners are cyclists and what they do to transport their bikes?

I can fit mine in if i take the wheels off and put it behind the seats, but its a pain in the *** having the roof down when the weather is not desirable.

Has anyone come accross any bike racks etc to suit?

·
Registered
396 Posts
Hi i was wondering if any other spider owners are cyclists and what they do to transport their bikes?

I can fit mine in if i take the wheels off and put it behind the seats, but its a pain in the *** having the roof down when the weather is not desirable.

Has anyone come accross any bike racks etc to suit?
I haven't done this with the Spider, but when I had a Reliant Scimitar I had a tow bar-fitted bike-rack which worked quite well. Depends on whether you want to spoil the appearance of your spider by having a towball...

·
Registered
469 Posts
I just use my bike rack. It's an old Halfords one, originally designed for a hatchback - fits on my boot nicely, and is high enough so that it doesn't obscure the number plate (unlike on the hatchback!).

Sorry, don't have any pics at the moment as it's at the back of the shed ...

·
Registered
286 Posts
i leave the spider at home and use the campervan with a proper bike rack ,and have a nice cup of tea after the ride

L

·
0 Posts
i use a bike rack on my gtv, its called a Hollywood rack and i got it from Evans bike shop

·
Registered
4,097 Posts
on a slightly off topic note....... the OP reminded me of something i saw at the weekend - a B*W 3 series cabrio, with the roof down and a 50" LCD tv sticking out of the top! nearly PMSL!!

·
Registered
396 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
I just put mine in the passenger seat and tell her not to talk?.............................Oh you mean pedal cycles!! oops!:lol:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Alex,

Do you know if they are suitable for carbon fibre frames?

Do you think they would fit a spider?

Thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts