Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the boot was full up with 1 suit case and a few other bits and bobs, the rear shelf was occupied by 2 dogs and a bag, the space behind the passenger seat was holding a laptop..

.. then the Pork joint, potatoes, veggies, wine and dogs bed had to go under the hood cover. It needed a bit of hot water to make the rear screen supple before raising the back of the roof but plenty of space in there.

Anyone else discovering the hidden practicalities of the Spider? :)

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
As the boot was full up with 1 suit case and a few other bits and bobs, the rear shelf was occupied by 2 dogs and a bag, the space behind the passenger seat was holding a laptop..

.. then the Pork joint, potatoes, veggies, wine and dogs bed had to go under the hood cover. It needed a bit of hot water to make the rear screen supple before raising the back of the roof but plenty of space in there.

Anyone else discovering the hidden practicalities of the Spider? :)
i could never use that as mine was alway full of the hood....

Seldom did i use the car without putting the roof down.....

I miss my Spider :cry:

·
Registered
471 Posts
.. then the Pork joint, potatoes, veggies, wine had to go under the hood cover

:)
Close but no cigar. :tut:

The right option for these items was: under the bonnet wrapped in tin foil and you would have had a nice casserole by the time you arrived and still had room for yet more stuff under the hood cover.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Close but no cigar. :tut:

The right option for these items was: under the bonnet wrapped in tin foil and you would have had a nice casserole by the time you arrived and still had room for yet more stuff under the hood cover.
I definitely missed a trick there ! :lol:

·
Registered
471 Posts
Joking aside - beware of putting stuff in the hood storage area and forgetting about it.

I had borrowed my girlfriend's (now wife's) 3 day old TT convertible. I did n't notice that my mate had stowed some camping gear behind the seats in the area that the hood stows into. We popped the roof as you do on a baking July day and the glass rear screen shattered with such force that shards of glass were embedded in the dash. I shudder to think of the outcome if either of us had glanced back in the split second that we heard the motor start to labour. No glass in a Spider hood but something else costly will get broken no doubt....

·
Registered
17,798 Posts
You can use the hood space with the hood down...we did on holiday...
Managed a nine day camping trip with the Alfa...and had to carry our luggage with us everywhere. I used the space behind the seats, the cubby hole/secondary boot the boot, and the tool box type space in the boot, the hood space (With hood down) the footwells and the slight space under both seats, we were in europe so not only had the tent and clothes, and maps, but also a warning triangle spare bulbs etc etc etc (And again etc, bloody regulations). It was awesome, and we had room to spare! could have gone for two weeks!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts