Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 spider about 2 weeks ago it wouldnt start engine turned over but no start I left it for 10 mins then it started.
It has now done this on 3-4 separate occasions but after leaving alone it starts,at this time it is not starting and the key code light is on it seems to be an intermitant problem but frustrating anybody got a suggestion.

·
Regional Support, For Lincolnshire - AOL
16,368 Posts
There has been a lot of cases where this is down to the aerial for the CODE system, this is around the Ignition Key barrel. Sometimes moving the Steering Wheel up and down a few times may provide a temporary cure to get you going. Do a search for " CODE " system, there is a fair bit of info on here which will help you.

I may have some more info for you, if I can find it I'll be back soon.

EDIT.

A bit of general info in the Link but I reckon you'll find more relevant stuff by doing a Search on here.

http://www.alfaworkshop.co.uk/Keycodesystem.shtml

·
16,368 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It worked! I am totaly new to Alfa Romeo but I just had to buy one and it makes me smile every time I see it
thanks for your help. Sim:D

·
16,368 Posts
It worked! I am totaly new to Alfa Romeo but I just had to buy one and it makes me smile every time I see it
thanks for your help. Sim:D
:thumbs: Good news.

In the future though it may as well to look up some Threads on here to ensure you get a permanent cure.

Meanwhile the Sun is out so enjoy it ! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts