Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anybody offer any advice on how to get music playing through the standard usb media player on a spider 939? I've tried copying some iTunes files to a usb stick which initially worked with varying results, but when i tried to put larger chunks of my library on a usb I've had no joy at all? Either saying no media found, or building media library, but with nothing actually accessible through the system?
Ive tried to convert files to mp3, to wav, but it just won't recognise anything! really annoying me now. :irked:
Not the end of the world as i plan to update the stereo head unit at some point, but it would be really nice if i could figure out what I'm doing wrong if anyone has any suggestions?

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
The B&M unit is very picky with USB stick. Try a 2gig stick and format to FAT32.

Also ensure your files are MP3 and not AAC, FLAC nor any other format.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The B&M unit is very picky with USB stick. Try a 2gig stick and format to FAT32.

Also ensure your files are MP3 and not AAC, FLAC nor any other format.
Thanks,
Ive formatted to fat32 and converted my files to mp3 but still no joy, having said that I tried 32gb and 8gb usb's so maybe thats the issue?
Although having said that, one of my first attempts (which had limited success) was with the 32gb one as far as i can recall - with files copied from iTunes which I'm assuming would be in either m4a or aac formats?
As for the directories thats beyond my limited tech knowledge!
Maybe I've just got an uber-picky usb slot? :)

·
Registered
4,800 Posts
I've read in some places the max bit rate is 192kb/s, so could be an issue?
Does it tell you no music found or nothing?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App[/color

·
Registered
4,800 Posts
Try using the voice activation and saying 'play' resolved that a few times when I saw it.
You can also try disconnecting the battery for a bit, can reset it

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App[/color

1 - 7 of 7 Posts