Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a noise which has always been present but isn't causing any issues…I am just curious to what it is.

When I turn off the ignition or when the key is at MAR and is switched off, there is a sound that can only be described as Pac Man munching something three times… like munch munch munch.

…Any ideas (and I am not going mad)
:confused:

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
If the noise is at the front and the car Phase 2 or 3, turn the heater to speed 0 and switch the a/c off and see if the noise goes away.

If the noise is from the back, possibly fuel pump.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
pkr....I will try that tonight...it is coming from the front of the car around where the throttle body is

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Dont know about ph2/3 but on ph1s when the ignition is turned off the air recirculation flap closes, makes a faint whirring noise on mine.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Like I say, its not causing any issues (touch wood) but was just curious....do they all make that noise?

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Still makes the noise with the fan set to zero.....will try and record it...just trying to see if it is a problem or if anyone else has the same noise...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Mine a 1999 model makes a similar type noise, we have nicknamed it the duck, as it like a funny quacking sound?
Think it from somewhere near the idle control thingy
cheers
Joe

1 - 9 of 9 Posts