Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unfortunately I'm not in a position to buy a spider at the moment, but I am favouring one as my rental car when I go to lake garda this summer. One important question though, how much luggage can you fit in the boot? There will be two of us travelling for two weeks, so we'll have 1 medium-large sized suitcase and one large holdall + 2 items hand luggage.

1) Will this lot fit in the boot and passenger footwell?

2) Is the Brera's boot any bigger?

3) Should I play it safe and get another 147 like I did last year?

4) Does anybody have the boot dimensions handy?

Sorry to ask so many dumb questions, it's just that I'll need to book the car asap and I won't have time to get to a dealer in the next few weeks to check one out for myself.

TIA :)

·
Registered
216 Posts
Depends on how tall you are - I guess you could get the medium sized suitcase in the boot OK and fit the two smaller squashy bags behind the seats - there is lots of room there but again... dependant on the size of these bags, you will either need to have the seat slightly forward or tilted more upright or both.

Alternatively, put the medium sized suitcase behind the seats and squash everything else in the boot. The Brera boot is bigger of course - and it has folding back seats that help!

Do you have a passenger? Rather than try to get stuff in the passenger footwell, it is better IMO to move the seat forward and use the space behind.

Finally - have you thought of a boot mounted luggage rack? They must exist.

Good luck...

JB

·
Registered
16,125 Posts
The only other thing you can do is store some luggage in the roof storage area at the back - however you have to keep the roof up on your way to the hotel.

I can get one small set and a full size set of clubs into the boot of my spider (Minus the woods) - small case in the back of the car on its side behind the passanger and the bags in the boot.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts