Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

It's coming up to a year since i've had the spider le (31st May) and I believe we are required to have it serviced at the end of the first year. Does anybody know how much I should expect to pay for the first service at all?

Many thanks,

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
They don't need an annual service (I think):confused:

·
Registered
833 Posts
I think a few of us will be in that position soon. I've only done a very low mileage in mine so guess I'll need the limited mileage service. I assume this still applies - can anyone confirm?

·
Registered
145 Posts
I had a letter from mangoletsi last week advising me that my LE was due its 1 year service, when I rang to confirm they told me that their recall system hadn't been updated and the service was due at 2 years or 21000 miles.
p.s. I'm on the lease deal as well

·
Registered
200 Posts
I asked and was told i needed the low mileage service which i then had done, this being before i realised it didnt need doing every year :(
very annoying its about time we got a definative answer from AR about this !!!

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
getting mine serviced on Thursday, I thought it was a yearly service and personally I'd worry about a car that isn't serviced at the end of it's first year on the road

Oh mine will have done about 17k when it's serviced

·
Registered
508 Posts
Hi Guys,

2 Years or 21000 miles is correct on the Spider LE as it is an 08 model year car. Doesn't not require a low mileage service at 12 months.

David

U

·
0 Posts
159 JTDm >>> Current price of a 21,000 mile first service quoted today by Alfa dealer was £258.11 for the service, additional £98.30 for an oil change - both prices include VAT, parts, fluids etc. I was told it had just come down this morning. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
32,440 Posts
ukmike2008 - look at these prices and see how main dealers overcharge because of labour costs...............:(

and it includes the oil and filter change in the quoted prices in the link below................

Alfa Romeo Servicing

·
Registered
16,125 Posts
U

·
0 Posts
ukmike2008 - look at these prices and see how main dealers overcharge because of labour costs...............:(

and it includes the oil and filter change in the quoted prices in the link below................

Alfa Romeo Servicing
Yes DP - I have chosen an independent to look after mine - prices similar to the ones you show.
Whats even worse is that on a first service, if they aren't changing the oil, they only change air and pollen filters, check fluid levels and polish the fly squash off the plastic cam cover. Not a lot for 250 quid is it? :eek:

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
well I'd just feel a little odd about having a car from brand new and the first time it gets a check over after some miles being put on it is 2 years into it's life ...

but then as I said my cars done 17k and it needs a couple of little bits looking at anyway

1 - 20 of 44 Posts