Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody.
I have bought a wonderful 1976 spider junior 1600 last may and i want to slowly fix it.
There are a few things to be fixed on the interior:
1 - I have noticed that the seat covers and the door panels are slightly blueish while the interior should be all black.
Is there a quick fix like special leather paint or should i replace them?
2 - the previous owner has put in place the plastic central console from the series 2 even if this car shouldn't have one as it's a junior.
Because of this I am removing it and try to sell it.
Also I am looking for the sliding ventilation/heater control that you can see in the attached photo of a very good spider under the radio.

Can anyone help with the above issues, please?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
You need to become acquainted with messrs Classicalfa, Highwood Motor Co, EB spares and Alfaholics as they'll have the bits you need.

If you can recolour the vinyl trim and seats that'll be your best bet to try first.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Your seats seems to me to be leather (and probably not original), leather can be dyed to a colour change. I have seen or read about a product to change the colour of vinyl.
I can't see anything wrong with the heater/ventilator panel and slides. If the slides doesn't change heat and direction the more likely that the cables are missing or not attached to the arms of the heater unit.
The extra gauge beside the heater control panel is an extra, what does it show, oil temp?
Congrats with a very nice Spider.
Erik

·
Registered
345 Posts
your seats look nice - I dont think they're standard - any idea where they're from?
I had a disaster trying to fit after market seats to mine, and ended up giving up. I'll write up a piece for the forum sometime soon...

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
I kind of liked the 'modern' GTV seats fitted to the 105 GTV on ebay with the rear stoved in, wonder if their fit ws straight forward?

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/1974-ALFA-ROMEO-2000-GT-VELOCE-WHITE-/00/s/MTIwMFgxNjAw/$(KGrHqR,!jYFDgmmB8w+BQ7uozcI)g~~60_12.JPG

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
your seats look nice - I dont think they're standard - any idea where they're from?
I had a disaster trying to fit after market seats to mine, and ended up giving up. I'll write up a piece for the forum sometime soon...
I don't think the picture is Spider Junior's car. But yes, seats are non standard in that photo.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you all for the help.
The photo is not showing my car, it was just a sample to show the heater slider i need.
I'll try to paint the vinyl of the seats with Vinylkote first and maybe the door panels after.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts