Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Only had my car for a week. Starts now on the odd occasion and when it does its rattly and sounds horrid. Followed threads on here and replaced cam sensor. Same issue. Cranks over but not starting. So ive ordered a crank sensor. Cambelt kit and water pump. Any other ideas? It ran great for a week and shown no other symptoms. Now its throwing loads of faults but this is probably due to a flat battery.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I would change all the glow plugs as standard, sounds like there not working

·
Registered
28 Posts
Only had my car for a week. Starts now on the odd occasion and when it does its rattly and sounds horrid. Followed threads on here and replaced cam sensor. Same issue. Cranks over but not starting. So ive ordered a crank sensor. Cambelt kit and water pump. Any other ideas? It ran great for a week and shown no other symptoms. Now its throwing loads of faults but this is probably due to a flat battery.
need more info.
Once running for a while does it sound normal?
Any fault lights on the dash?
Do the heaters run hot and cold when on or when being revved?
What faults are logged?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fault code said it was cam angle sensor. Hence i changed it. Car, when it starts sounds out of timing and doesnt change. Gonna try and fit crank sensor tonight. Are there any good alfa mobile mechanics in the midlands?

·
Registered
28 Posts
sounds like a timing issue. i wouldnt go messing with it as if the belt is on its last legs you could bend valves etc...If it was crank sensor it wouldnt run i dont think...generally crank sensors refuse to start period...Is it a 1.9?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Its a spider so 2.4. It was running fine. Then just refused to start. Gonna fit crank sensor shortly anyway at least its then ruled out

R

·
0 Posts
Well its not the crank sensor either???
As others have suggested try the glow plugs, if you disconnect one at a time they should measure around 1 ohm between the block and the top of the plug.

Rich

1 - 8 of 8 Posts